Necron Destroyers - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-15, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Necron Destroyers

I figured, destroyers would minimize potential weakness and do away with unnecessary "necron" physiology right? So what's with the big easy to shoot destroyer platform and the empty hand that does nothing?

Surely a thin tail packed with hover units and a second bladed limb would make much more sense for a being obsessed with death. So...

The parts come from wraith and destroyer kits, naturally. With all the spare crap I figured I'd try convert a destroyer lord of some sort. I'm just winging that one at the moment, but if it works there will sure be more than one of these when I'm done.

So far it's not much, but I have ideas.

Let me know what you think.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-15, 04:56 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

I like them very much they look nice and menacing which to me is what the necrons are supposed to be. I really like the destroyer lord body you are going for. I like it to much I may have to make one just to convert it into a ride for my warboss or if you don't want the one your making I'll take it. Either way great job I look forward to seeing more of it.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-15, 08:40 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Okay those Destroyers are brilliant, I am a fan of the original Destroyers but I do like way you have done with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Well my ideas didn't pan out quite as I hoped. Usually when I make a conversion out of two kits, I try to make the second one out of only the leftover parts from that same set of kits.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything with the wraith parts I have left without it looking like some sort of canoptek spyder conversion. It's usually so I can retain a level of cost effectiveness for future additions of the same thing.

But then I remembered that I still have several triarch praetorians left over from the stalker kits I used to make my canoptek skorpion. And I figured, why not? Chances are I'll only make two of these guys anyway, three max.

It looked good pretty early on, and I knew I made the right choice.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Who wants a hug?

"I exist only to kill..."

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
I like them very much they look nice and menacing which to me is what the necrons are supposed to be. I really like the destroyer lord body you are going for. I like it to much I may have to make one just to convert it into a ride for my warboss or if you don't want the one your making I'll take it. Either way great job I look forward to seeing more of it.
What do you think of the finished one? You could make a looted version easily enough, just have a mek holding the wires in the back of the lord's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Okay those Destroyers are brilliant, I am a fan of the original Destroyers but I do like way you have done with them.
Yea, I don't think the new lore for the destroyers lends itself well to the models. Plus I just like converting stuff like this.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 10:47 PM

Kruphix, chaos ctan's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Who wants a hug?
*Larry the necron* I do I do
*Hippolytus the aspiring champion of Tzeentch* no Larry, don't
*shick* *Hippolytus* damn it

With the destroyers, I was going to make some lychgaurd and a female lord like that

Creations made in madness may contain great power. The path to that power is as labyrinthine as the creator's mind.
‘Through technology we thought to defeat the natural order. But the onset of eternity cannot be denied forever; the universe will see us humbled for our presumption. Yet its methods of attack are limited. We long ago removed our bodies from mortality’s grasp and bartered away our souls for technological baubles and the trappings of power.Our minds, then, are all that remains for us to lose, and it is here that the next stroke against us will fall.Though our individual afflictions may take different forms, sooner or later we will be lost to madness.’

Last edited by Kruphix, chaos ctan; 05-30-15 at 08:31 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-15, 06:06 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

That is one mean ass looking ladybug. I like the conversion!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-15, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Some painting!

This was at my local gw. I did finish the Destroyers there but I didn't take more photos until I was home and could get a better angle on lighting.

As usual, I only painted them to tabletop standard. Ironically these, the newest additions, are among the few necron models I actually have finished painting.

Work on the lord is ongoing. I need to finalize my praetorians before I finish him off as well since that's where he'll be going.

It is possible down the line that I will add to these, like maybe some glow effects around the gun barrels or some highlights over their armour, but lately I've been finding that I often end up overdoing it so I've decided for the time being I'm going to keep my painting simpler.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-15, 08:04 AM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Very nice. Very bug-like on the Destroyer Lord; my stick insect rears up like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode