Help finding an ornate power sword bit - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-15, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
StormBringer328's Flag is: USA

Default Help finding an ornate power sword bit

Hello Heretics! I'm thinking about making a warband or 3 for use in INQ28 or Inquisimunda. I have no idea really yet how to get into these two interesting looking rules sets, but just thinking about it has my imagination going.

I've been getting rid of a lot of my models outside my main force of CSM and Space Wolves, but I've kept a few interesting items here and there. While going through my various minis box, I found some cool inquisition models I just can't seem to part ways with. Just happens that together they would make a cool looking warband and various NPC type models. Anyway...

I have a Limited Edition Withchunter Inquisitor who looks like Solomon Kane (one of my favorite fiction characters) except he has no sword!? And he needs a suitably ornate looking sword, but I can not think of a bit that would fit the model. All the plastic power swords I've been able to find just don't look right. I want a thin blade with an ornate looking handle. All I will be doing is mounting it on the models hip as I like the way he looks otherwise. Maybe even a non-gw bit. I like the Power Sword that the metal Ibrahm Gaunt is holding, but I don't want to trash the model to take the sword. Any ideas for a similar looking sword bit?

Jehnna: I suppose nothing hurts you.
Conan: Only pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-15, 09:40 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Is he radical or puritan? If you like Gaunt's sword, then the FW MkIV Power Weapon set is fantastic for you.

It contains a ton of *not 40K* style weapons, i.e not dripping in bling, but just suitably functionally capable appearing weapons. The Charnabal Sabres (the curved scimitar style) or the basket hilted power swords are among my favourite.

Alternatively, the MkIII Set contains large hand and a half swords.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-15, 09:58 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

For my Inquisimunda bands, a lot of the swords I have used come from the Empire Greatswords boxed set. May be worth having a look on a few bitz sites. I have picked up a few choice pieces this way for very little cost.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
StormBringer328's Flag is: USA

Is he radical or puritan? I have no ideas as of yet. I'm actually having a difficult time putting things together for both games lol. After readin about it, I think INQ28 will be difficult to get others into, but I'm still looking into it. Inquisimunda seems like a better fit, as it's less random and open to the whim. Perhaps not a great summary as of yet, but I'm still trying to figure it all out.

I didn't even think to check FW. That may be more than I'm willing to spend for one bit, but I'll look into fantasy bits as well. I'm wanting a curved blade, but not quite a scimitar shape. Maybe I had something like a Cavalry sword in mind style wise. I do want a sheathed sword though, so I guess all I really need is a hilt w/o a hand holding it. I'll check those sources for inspiration.

Jehnna: I suppose nothing hurts you.
Conan: Only pain.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 01:19 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARMACHINE-B...item51ae992ac2

Might be a match to what you're looking for? d

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode