My 28mm German WW2 stuff! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 07:38 AM

Logaan's Flag is: England

Fantastic stuff Sigur.

@Tawa - to be fair that guy was an absolute lizard that refused hands down to post anything he'd painted. Moral victory to me.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 09:26 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post

that guy was an absolute lizard

I don't know why but that insult is just golden.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 09:54 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
Fantastic stuff Sigur.

@Tawa - to be fair that guy was an absolute lizard that refused hands down to post anything he'd painted. Moral victory to me.
The guy was a fucking tube!

He seemed to pipe down - briefly - after one of the staff told him to shut the fuck up and post some pictures of his own work up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-15, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Sigur's Flag is: Austria

Well, that was rather enlightening. :D

The MG42 dudes are finished now:

They're far from perfect, but I really, really wanted to get them done now. Also wrote up a review of the TAG minis which should pop up within the next few weeks.

In other news - my Gebirgsjäger platoon from Black Tree Design arrived! The minis look great.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-15, 09:52 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur View Post
Black Tree Design
I used to love their figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-15, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I still do. :D It's amazing how their minis look so much nicer in the flesh than in the pictures on their website. But I have it on good authority that they want to snazz up their website now (I just painted a bunch of minis for them). Got almost all of my WW2 soviets from them and some other stuff. Good minis.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-15, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Last night's game:

First time I used those new houses, still a little WIP, but I think they work great. As it was my friend's first game and due to the fact how first and second floors can be a little detriment to the playability we just said that the houses were not to be entered. Still was an excellent game. Lots of terrain, snipers weren't too almighty, but still managed to do their job well by controlling relatively large areas.

The "lists" used were a regular Soviet rifle squad plus a Commissar, an LMG assistant and a Sniper. The German Grenadier squad got two G43 semi-automatic rifles, an LMG assistant, a Medic and a Sniper. The scenario played was Scenario 1: Recon. We we didn't have a building to take in the middle of the table we decided that the little horse cart has some important intelligence hidden in that blanket. The table used is 1x1.5 metres.

We rolled for who would play which side, I got the Soviets, my friend played the Germans. The German Sniper was set up very close to the mission objective (no biggie as you'd only have to hold it by the end of the 8th turn). My own sniper sat behind a tree on a little hill, overlooking the right flank. He had three buddies with him just in case the germans tried a flank attack there. The rest of my guys (3 riflemen, Sergeant and Commissar) were set up as a group on the left flank along with the LMG gunner and assistant in tow for supporting fire.

While I rolled rather badly on initiative rolls at the beginning of the turn I was more lucky in rolls for who to react first in reaction chains. Firing was rather even. At one point the Germans abandoned their cover and three of them rushed out from behind woods on the left flank to fire at my guys who at the time were sitting in a small cultivated field (both of which I'd cut out just prior to the game). They managed to wound one rifleman and lateron my Commissar, but in turn two of the Germans were killed and one was wounded. Cover is oh so important in this game.

In the end my Soviets had taken one casualty (the MG gunner of all), the Germans took four casualties, reaching their break point and (after a bunch of unlucky morale checks) another four took off, only leaving the Corporal and the Sergeant on the board. In their own personal Götterdämmerung they stormed out of cover, firing their MP40s, but swiftly were wounded and captured.

Good game, fun was had by both sides. Including rules explanations and such, the game took about three hours.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Here's my review of Operation Squad (2nd edition). Squad-level WW2 skirmish rules which I believe solved the particular challenges of this genre rather well.

http://skirmishwargaming.com/operati...uction-review/

Hope you enjoy the review!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode