Ice Claws Space Marines: Land Speeder Storm and Chaplain - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Tedathalan's Flag is: Taiwan

Default Ice Claws Space Marines: Land Speeder Storm and Chaplain

Hail, heretics. It's been a long time since I last shared any of my work here. Here's my latest projects: a Land Speeder Storm, and a Chaplain. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1563.jpg (397.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1565.jpg (379.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1567.jpg (393.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1568.jpg (372.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1569.jpg (325.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1570.jpg (329.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1571.jpg (323.4 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 04:02 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Hi Welcome back and thanks for posting your work. Looks like you've got the basics down pretty good. paint isn't too thick and overall quality is good. With that being said however you Should definitely invest in washes. The faces of the scouts the skulls on the chaplain and the red on the purity seals all could use some more detail as they are very flat. For the gold areas is suggest using several thin layers of paint then a wash and then a light drybrush with either a lighter gold or possibly silver to pick out the very edge details.

Judging by the fact that you have highlighter the armor and panels of the land speeder and marines in the proper places shows that you have the talent to take your work to the next level and i really think you should try to elevate yourself to that level.

Its a decent job for a table top standard . try to push yourself out there a bit more and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better you can do. and keep in mind that this takes practice. you cant gain all of these skills over the course of one sitting. give it some time.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 10:38 PM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

cant add much more than what was already said...but well done keep it up and show us more

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-15, 11:54 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Hi Welcome back and thanks for posting your work. Looks like you've got the basics down pretty good. paint isn't too thick and overall quality is good. With that being said however you Should definitely invest in washes. The faces of the scouts the skulls on the chaplain and the red on the purity seals all could use some more detail as they are very flat. For the gold areas is suggest using several thin layers of paint then a wash and then a light drybrush with either a lighter gold or possibly silver to pick out the very edge details.

Judging by the fact that you have highlighter the armor and panels of the land speeder and marines in the proper places shows that you have the talent to take your work to the next level and i really think you should try to elevate yourself to that level.

Its a decent job for a table top standard . try to push yourself out there a bit more and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better you can do. and keep in mind that this takes practice. you cant gain all of these skills over the course of one sitting. give it some time.
All absolutely correct. Can't agree more.
I will say, with blues and bone, Agrax Earthshade in the crevices is your friend. Just use in the crevices and joints and the blue and bone will stand out much more.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-15, 12:08 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Good job mate, the points already raised will aid you getting better and better, keep it up!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-15, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Tedathalan's Flag is: Taiwan

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Working on my next project now, hope it will be better!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode