Help updating my Orks. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-15, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Help updating my Orks.

Hi folks,

I think its about time I took my Orks out of retirement and got them updated again. I first painted these when the Ork plastics were released, must be over 15 years ago now, maybe more. They used to be my regular army, although they were never that successful, they were always fun.

The last time I got these out was when the previous Codex was released (2008?). The only thing I did then was repaint the bases. Yes, they used to be Goblin Green. But, I didn't add anything to the army then.

Anyway, I was thinking of updating them again, mainly their skin tone. Currently they are a Dark Angels Green base coat, with a Snot Green highlight and thats it. I was thinking maybe a lighter green highlight. (Elysian Green maybe?) And maybe a green wash?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

(And, yes, I'll be drilling the barrels.)

ork1.jpg ork2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-15, 06:34 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

I would give them a blue wash aswell. Right now the blue feels to bright. But it might be balanced with the brighter Green. I just love my orks kinda dark and gritty.
I would give them a Green wash before the final highlightning though.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-15, 03:35 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

You could go with a liter green highlight or even a lite brown highlight and then give them a green wash that will help a lot. I think if you gave the whole model a brown or black wash that would help dirty them up and tone down the blue as well.

They look just about ready to start krumping and if you want help with an army list I'll gladly help you with that as well. Since there has been a serious lack of orks on this site.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-15, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try an Elysian Green highlight and maybe a Reikland Fleshshade to dirty them up. Maybe a bit of Nuln Oil. I don't seem to have a green wash at the moment, so i'll see if the Reikland fleshshade will work on the skin, it will certainly dirty them up.
@morfangdakka I'll definitely take up your offer of army list help when I get round to picking up the latest codex. Thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode