Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Sandwraiths? Any ideas

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  The Irish Commissar 
#1 ·
So I've recently started an undead legion army. I'm sorta sticking to a desert theme with so my idea was to make my hexwraiths and other ghostly choices look like they've been summoned from the very sands themselves. I had thought just painting them a sandy colour but I want more then that. I had them thought about putting basing sand on them, but I don't want to ruin the details either. Any ideas guys.

#4 ·
I would put sand on the bases but you might also add sand to various parts of them like clothes or the horses covering in sand things that are not going to ruined by sand covering them. You could also add fishing line covered in glue and sand and attach them to the ghost and to the model like the sanding is coming up to make figure. Painting it a sand color will also help show this.

Reactions: The Irish Commissar
#5 ·
You could use some of that spray paitn that makes stuff look like stone.

I tried it on a stature once, completely erased all fine detail from the model, but if your going for a "barely human moving sand ghost" look it could be worth looking into.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.