Blood Angels Rhino/Razor - Den of Imagination - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Default Blood Angels Rhino/Razor - Den of Imagination

Level 5+ Blood Angels Rhino / Razor.
Painted by Julka.

Video: http://bit.ly/1GdZ4KP
Blog: http://bit.ly/1ufPwcw
Full gallery: http://bit.ly/1Gd8GFz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 07:58 AM

jams's Flag is: Wales

that's really nice but spoilt by the overwhelming OSL which is a shame

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 10:32 AM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

I disagree with Jams, I thought the OSL was fantastic and incredibly convincing. Are the banners custom decals or free-hand work?

Everything looks clean, crisp, and just all-round sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 02:27 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silens View Post
I thought the OSL was fantastic and incredibly convincing
Sure, but why doesn't the searchlight have the same effect as the headlights? It's obviously on and both sources have covered tops and open bottoms, leading to light going down onto the tank in the same way.

It's pedantic, but that's also the 'wrong' side of the turret mount for a Razorback. The vented side is used for the Predator kit and the hatched side is for the Razorback. Excessively pedantic really, but you never know who that's going to irk if the piece is for sale.

It's a tight paint job, that's for sure. The freehand is amazingly done but doesn't look as much a 'part' of the model. In other words, it's a bit too clean for my tastes.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Sure, but why doesn't the searchlight have the same effect as the headlights? It's obviously on and both sources have covered tops and open bottoms, leading to light going down onto the tank in the same way.

It's pedantic, but that's also the 'wrong' side of the turret mount for a Razorback. The vented side is used for the Predator kit and the hatched side is for the Razorback. Excessively pedantic really, but you never know who that's going to irk if the piece is for sale.

It's a tight paint job, that's for sure. The freehand is amazingly done but doesn't look as much a 'part' of the model. In other words, it's a bit too clean for my tastes.
No idea. Maybe the searchlight isn't on full-power right now, but it's easier to keep them on a little bit for when you need them so you don't have to wait for them to warm-up. Maybe it is on but the beam is a lot more focused than the headlights and, IMO, it's raised up away from the chassis sufficiently anyways that I wouldn't expect to see any glow. Even if it's an oversight, that doesn't make the miniature not fantastic.

Just because it's up for sale that doesn't mean it has to be absolutely flawless. Have you seen the "Pro-painted... REALLY!?" thread in 40K General? Beautiful work like this is a breath of fresh air after the atrocities you see in that thread.

Quote:
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 06:19 PM

I agreed that the model was painted very well and I've seen the thread you speak of, but just because there's worse doesn't make me think the weathering on this tank syncs up with the pristine parts or that the OSL is 'incredibly convincing'.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 07:39 PM

Honestly, I didn't even see the weathering until now, but I think it's tastefully minimalist.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree with the OSL.

My least favourite part is actually the freehand on the hatch. I feel the same way about all tanks which have intricate pictures on them like that, unless perhaps they're something super-duper spectacular (in terms on canon, not paint job) because it just seems nonsensical that the Blood Angels would go "You know what this tank needs? A portrait of one of our dudes on the top of the tank! To strike fear into the hearts of the enemy's aerial units!"

Just seems silly to me.

In regards to the OSL being realistic. I looked at it and thought "Damn, those are some bright lights!"

I believed, even if it were for only a moment, that they were real lights. They convinced me.

Quote:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 03:11 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

or you can both put up a razor back equal to this and show us how it "should have been done"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 03:56 AM

Easy there tiger. No one is playing the comparison game, all we're doing is talking about how we like our OSL and weathering in a public forum about painting and modeling.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 04:02 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Easy there tiger. No one is playing the comparison game, all we're doing is talking about how we like our OSL and weathering in a public forum about painting and modeling.
iknow...but as i said...show us your osl..so we can see what your talking about..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode