Some Space Marines projects. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Default Some Space Marines projects.

First project is Blood Angel Lord with giant bat as a mount, second is BA command squad on horses, third is Logan Grimnar on Stormrider with small convertion and painted in different color scheme. Last one is simple Iron Hand captain on bike.

Here are some early WIP pics. I made them some time ago so update will be soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 02:41 PM

Not sure about the first...I'll hold judgment till it's farther along the bottom 2 are awesome, especially the middle one.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 03:12 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Diggin' the ideas, though a Space Marine on a horse would be a pretty crappy time for the horse!

I too shall withhold comments until the work is finished, little things like the axe hand on the BA lord being backward or the Rhino top hatch as a Storm Shield look....weird right now. I'm sure once they're done up they'll be top notch.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Diggin' the ideas, though a Space Marine on a horse would be a pretty crappy time for the horse!

I too shall withhold comments until the work is finished, little things like the axe hand on the BA lord being backward or the Rhino top hatch as a Storm Shield look....weird right now. I'm sure once they're done up they'll be top notch.
It's a fenrisian horse.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-14, 05:01 PM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
It's a fenrisian horse.
There are no horses on fenris. Wait a sec..
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Hello

Here are new pics.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 04:29 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I really like the Space Wolf model, though it is your most subtle conversion piece here. The hood is really well done, I especially like the frayed edges.

I'm not too keen on the size of cape on the BA Lord, but I like the look despite the edges on the back still looking unfinished. Kind of looks like a daemon has possessed a marine but forgot to possess his arms and backpack, though that's not to say it won't look cool painted up. It would be really cool to run a Blood Angel successor chapter as if they had fallen to Chaos, and this model just about nails that.

The Command Squad (?) on horseback looks cool, I'm curious to see what you did with the Apothecary (Sanguinary Priest)'s Narthecium. I made one out of a power fist and assorted other bits, but it's not as sleek looking as what it looks like you have going on. Were it me, I would have GS'd reins into one hand of each of the riders so it looked more like they were actually riding the horses instead of sitting on them flailing about. You can always find a way to strap a Chainsword or Pistol type to a model somewhere with GS so they're still WYSIWYG.

While I'm taking notes on how you've converted that Bike Captain out of a DV model (I'm going to do a similar thing once I finish 'envisioning' the conversion), I'm still not sold on the Rhino hatch Storm Shield. It's just so big and devoid of character....at least that's a spot for a nice free-hand insignia, or larger decal.

I notice that both your shields are made up of a knedatite-like product (miliput?). Do you make casts or sculpt everything to the model? I use two part liquid or putty silicone mixes and get pretty smooth results when I use mixes of putties, but I'm always curious to have my eyes opened to new products. Liquid Blu-Stuff is the brand that I have been using most successfully.

Keep the updates coming! It might sound like I'm offering a lot of criticisms, but it's just to get some thoughts stirring. I do quite enjoy your work.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Some pics of my previous post are missing :/

Shields are made from miliput. I flattened milliput between two sheets of plasticard and
fastened it to spray can with duct tape. When milliput hardened, it have oval shape and proper thickness
(it is in english? today my language skills are worse than usual)

New pic:
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Studio View Post
New pic:
Not to keen on the shield and cape. Along with the torso.
Both the cape and shield are to large, the cape would be dragged several meters behind him, and in a combat situation a heretic would just have to step on the cape to trap him. The shield doesn't match his size, it looks like he said "Make me a shield which I can make my enemies laugh to death or failing that I can snowboard on." The torso......it's not armored.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

That's why he has big shield

Some new WIP pics:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode