I screwed up - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Default I screwed up

So... I'm in the process of putting together a doomwheel, I looked around online watched some videos and read through the booklet, but I have put the wheels together wrong and now i can A) get them fit the right way around the chassis and B) I cant get the side fender things with the lightning bolts on and facing the same way... I used super glue, loctite gel control, I'm wondering if anyone knows anyway to either fix my issue, or salvage it to make it not look totally, totally wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 04:07 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

A couple pics might help.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 06:55 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

throw the model in the freezer for a few hours and then gentle with a hobby knife pry the wrongly glues halves apart. this will ruin your blade but if youre a regular hobbyist then you have hundreds to spare. ive done this on metal, resin and plasitc models. the only difference between the three is that metal can withstand alot more pressure than the other two.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 07:33 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair420 View Post
So... I'm in the process of putting together a doomwheel, I looked around online watched some videos and read through the booklet, but I have put the wheels together wrong and now i can A) get them fit the right way around the chassis and B) I cant get the side fender things with the lightning bolts on and facing the same way... I used super glue, loctite gel control, I'm wondering if anyone knows anyway to either fix my issue, or salvage it to make it not look totally, totally wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
throw the model in the freezer for a few hours and then gentle with a hobby knife pry the wrongly glues halves apart. this will ruin your blade but if youre a regular hobbyist then you have hundreds to spare. ive done this on metal, resin and plasitc models. the only difference between the three is that metal can withstand alot more pressure than the other two.

Great tip! I have a friend, @Meldon , who made the exact same mistake. I'll forward it to him if he still has the kit or if he threw it away in agony.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 07:36 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Great tip! I have a friend, @Meldon , who made the exact same mistake. I'll forward it to him if he still has the kit or if he threw it away in agony.
Its worth nothing that if the pieces are thin and tiny they will very likely snap off. but larger pieces can stand a bit of punishment.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 10:06 PM

Ravion's Flag is: USA

I've used nail polish remover to remove super glue from models. It works really well on metal minis if you leave them in a container of it for 30 min to an hour but for plastic and finecast I would be careful with them. Finecast minis will become like rubber if you leave them soaking for awhile (30 min to an hour) and will take a couple days to re- harden. leave finecast in for too long and you won't have a mini at all. It will be jelly!
For regular plastic minis this won't happen but it will eat away at your mini. I left the torso of my CSM sorc with the scythe in there for about an hour to get rid of some superglue and when I washed and cleaned it the surface of it felt different.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Good news, I took it into my local gw and the operator was able to help me fix it so my doomwheel is back on track, thanks to all those that tried to help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode