Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

I screwed up

928 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Corsair420 
#1 ·
So... I'm in the process of putting together a doomwheel, I looked around online watched some videos and read through the booklet, but I have put the wheels together wrong and now i can A) get them fit the right way around the chassis and B) I cant get the side fender things with the lightning bolts on and facing the same way... I used super glue, loctite gel control, I'm wondering if anyone knows anyway to either fix my issue, or salvage it to make it not look totally, totally wrong...

#3 ·
throw the model in the freezer for a few hours and then gentle with a hobby knife pry the wrongly glues halves apart. this will ruin your blade but if youre a regular hobbyist then you have hundreds to spare. ive done this on metal, resin and plasitc models. the only difference between the three is that metal can withstand alot more pressure than the other two.

#4 ·
throw the model in the freezer for a few hours and then gentle with a hobby knife pry the wrongly glues halves apart. this will ruin your blade but if youre a regular hobbyist then you have hundreds to spare. ive done this on metal, resin and plasitc models. the only difference between the three is that metal can withstand alot more pressure than the other two.

Great tip! I have a friend, @Meldon, who made the exact same mistake. I'll forward it to him if he still has the kit or if he threw it away in agony.

#6 ·
I've used nail polish remover to remove super glue from models. It works really well on metal minis if you leave them in a container of it for 30 min to an hour but for plastic and finecast I would be careful with them. Finecast minis will become like rubber if you leave them soaking for awhile (30 min to an hour) and will take a couple days to re- harden. leave finecast in for too long and you won't have a mini at all. It will be jelly!
For regular plastic minis this won't happen but it will eat away at your mini. I left the torso of my CSM sorc with the scythe in there for about an hour to get rid of some superglue and when I washed and cleaned it the surface of it felt different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.