Homemade Mek Gun - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Default Homemade Mek Gun

I really love the the Ork Mek Guns but at £28 each I won't be buying one for a while. Thought I'd have a go at making one to use for now. Please let me know what you think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 10:18 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say that this isnt your finished project and that it looks fine as the basis for what will eventually become a mek gun, at the moment it looks a little bit too un-orky to be a mek gun,get some bitz slapped on it and paint it and post the results.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 12:56 PM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

what bitz said....will reserve comment for future pics

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Well it ain't finished. Being new to Orks I am hoping for some inspiration very soon. Don't own any bitz so it could take a while.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 05:19 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
Well it ain't finished. Being new to Orks I am hoping for some inspiration very soon. Don't own any bitz so it could take a while.

See there is your problem your not thinking like an ork. You has bits I see that quad gun in the background. you just need to look at them in a different way an orky way. Orks use everything they just improve it to make it their won. I know you collect chaos so I am sure there are things laying around you aren't using. Maybe a couple tires off a warbike your not using and a drink straw becomes the wheels and axle for your gun or get creative and use some defiler claws. Take some left over sprue, a little plasticard glue on some marine shoulder pads you have laying around as trophies and bang you have a gun shield for your gun. NOw you need some worky gubbins on that thing but you don't want it to look like you randomly glued crap to it. YOu want it to look like it would work. Chaos tank driver bodies have vents and tubes on them. Glue a few of those on. See what else you can find trim and shape to make it look like a working machine Tau stuff is great for this. You can also trade for bits you need or buy them. I hit ebay and buy people bits boxes or sometimes bits suppliers will have buy a bag which is just random stuff in a bag which is always a good way to get bits. So don't throw out anything that looks like it might be useful. Scrap wires, tubing bottle caps, lots of stuff can be used. Search the internet lots of good ork conversions look at what they did to get inspiration.

So stop thinking rationally and think like an ork. Orks do it they don't think about it. Finking is for Umies. So get to bashing dat gun together we got heads to bust.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 07:41 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
See there is your problem your not thinking like an ork. You has bits I see that quad gun in the background. you just need to look at them in a different way an orky way. Orks use everything they just improve it to make it their won. I know you collect chaos so I am sure there are things laying around you aren't using. Maybe a couple tires off a warbike your not using and a drink straw becomes the wheels and axle for your gun or get creative and use some defiler claws. Take some left over sprue, a little plasticard glue on some marine shoulder pads you have laying around as trophies and bang you have a gun shield for your gun. NOw you need some worky gubbins on that thing but you don't want it to look like you randomly glued crap to it. YOu want it to look like it would work. Chaos tank driver bodies have vents and tubes on them. Glue a few of those on. See what else you can find trim and shape to make it look like a working machine Tau stuff is great for this. You can also trade for bits you need or buy them. I hit ebay and buy people bits boxes or sometimes bits suppliers will have buy a bag which is just random stuff in a bag which is always a good way to get bits. So don't throw out anything that looks like it might be useful. Scrap wires, tubing bottle caps, lots of stuff can be used. Search the internet lots of good ork conversions look at what they did to get inspiration.

So stop thinking rationally and think like an ork. Orks do it they don't think about it. Finking is for Umies. So get to bashing dat gun together we got heads to bust.

This! You surely have the bitz needed, just look at everything like an ork. Any broken toys in the attic? Some bolts and screws in the garage? Now there you have it!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Cheers all. Still in me Ork training stage then. I've got so many Chaos bitz! Also, I've got 2 sheds full of stuff!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 08:10 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
Cheers all. Still in me Ork training stage then. I've got so many Chaos bitz! Also, I've got 2 sheds full of stuff!

I guess you have lotz of Chaos loot and two mekshops full of loot. Go ahead and astound us!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

No pressure then... let me see what I can do. At the moment I'm trying to paint Orks and it's not going too well!

It could be a Traktor Kannon sponsored by Chaos. Abaddon allowed the Mek access to his stash in return for their help in defeating the Imperium.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 09:25 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

jonny pm me your name and address and i will mail you some bits

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode