Crazy paint job on this knight - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-14, 05:48 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

This would be a cool legion of the damned knight for sure. I agree with B&K the aquilla in flame on the shoulder pad is pure awesome and they should have done that instead of the skull on the front.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-14, 06:02 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

if I ever get a hold of a knight, ill do my lightning down it. haha
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-14, 08:04 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

The flames are awesome, the mould line down the gun barrel... not so much.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-14, 09:50 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Only 9 points in and folk wanting to have a go about honest critisim! I think the painting is fantastic, the flames are stunningly but I disagree with @bitsandkits , I think the flames are darker at the top to show depth, which is a nice touch, do I like the flames no, not personally, do not like flames on cars bikes planes on anything, should I be flogged for this even though I appreciate and praise the skill involved, I think not.

This is Heresy not facebook, you dont just post stuff to get 'likes' then cry when when you do not, my painting is basic at best, and I will rarely offer painting advice due to my ability however I still put it up and take what people say on board, and people will critique you on your skill set. @NoHeresyOnlyTruth I think you are being unfairly critical of the posting, surely we need honest comment and critisism

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 01:42 AM

Mdauben's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
great talent , except he painted alot of the flames wrong, dark at the top light at the bottom, other than that looks good,
I would agree about the reversed colors, if the artist was painting "real" fire. Since the figure isn't actually burning, and the flames are just decorations painted on the hull of the machine I can excuse the coloring. Besides, having the lighter color at the edge helps increase the definition of the flames and their definition against the black hull plates.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 02:47 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeresyOnlyTruth View Post
5 posts before people started to complain about the flames or the not my cup of tea cause I can't paint like that comments lol. No wonder no one posts pics on here anymore.
I'm sorry is the fact that I stated that something being against my personal taste but yet still technically awesome offending you? Re-read what I posted, I said it was technically PHENOMENAL. Personally it isn't painted in a scheme that I like, many other people do but not me, that's my personal taste and is not a criticism in any way shape or form because I'm not arrogant to believe that my taste is the be all and end all of all things good. If you look through my own project logs you will see I am very clear about that, in fact if you look through those logs you will not be surprised to see that what this artist has done to the Knight isn't my cup of tea. Also if I could paint to that level I probably still wouldn't do a Walker covered in flames because I don't personally like it, so my "criticism" as you put it isn't out of jealousy.

Saying something isn't my personal taste isn't an insult or a critique, it's simply saying that it doesn't push my personal buttons. You can admire something for it's technical skill without it being something you would want to own or something you would do yourself. Grow up and learn the difference. Personally I think that's actually more of a compliment, it shows that what you have done is of high enough quality that it can be admired regardless of personal taste.

From now on I'll try to simply blow smoke up peoples asses and only if they what they do is 100% my taste and I would encourage everybody else to do the same. That's sure to get everybody back posting in a heartbeat. From now on don't expect me to comment on anything unless it's Minotaurs related.

Would that make you feel better cupcake?

Last edited by Jacobite; 06-21-14 at 02:57 AM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 04:23 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeresyOnlyTruth View Post
5 posts before people started to complain about the flames or the not my cup of tea cause I can't paint like that comments lol. No wonder no one posts pics on here anymore.
Anyone said that you were one load your mother should have swallowed? No?

"You are one load your mother should have swallowed."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 04:58 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
great talent , except he painted alot of the flames wrong, dark at the top light at the bottom
Actually, that's not the case.

Looks like a damn good example of true flame technique to me.

I hope to do as well when I get around to painting my restor-rod.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 09:57 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Play nice kids

Anyways, stunning job on that Knight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-14, 12:33 AM
Feed

The flame technique is spot on, especially considering it's on an almost black background. The contrast makes them stand out extremely well.

In regards to critique, half the reason people should be posting is to receive feedback so they can improve their techniques. People who post and only want positive reviews might as well not post at all. Same goes for fics and homebrew fluff and rules. It's a discussion forum, and it's not a discussion if everyone just agrees.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode