Imperial Knight.... - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
You have received a good number of comments in such a short time, even if you remove your own comments. A lot of people won't comment if they have nothing to add. I would encourage you to post more but its obviously totally up to you.

And you painted this in super fast time. It took me a couple of weeks to paint a little storm talon.
i have a game store in china..and i do commision work to help fill in the weekdays..so its pretty easy to complete jobs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 03:08 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
233 views 15 comments.
Not a bad quota to be honest. My project log has 145 comments (including my own) and 5,946 views.

It all depends on what you want out of this sort of log. They can be incredibly constructive but it takes time to build up the interest
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Not a bad quota to be honest. My project log has 145 comments (including my own) and 5,946 views.

It all depends on what you want out of this sort of log. They can be incredibly constructive but it takes time to build up the interest
basically i want to become an awesome painter..and if you back to my very first post you can see how bad i was..and with all the help i revived from the heresy guys at that time...was very very helpful...but it just doesnt seem to happen any more

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 05:29 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
basically i want to become an awesome painter..and if you back to my very first post you can see how bad i was..and with all the help i revived from the heresy guys at that time...was very very helpful...but it just doesnt seem to happen any more
That just means you're reaching the point where there isn't much help we can give. You've improved enough that there isn't a lot, if anything, to tell you how to improve. This isn't a bad thing.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 11:07 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Always post your stuff up, it took me a little over 2 years to put up a project log, because I'm a procrastinator and because of excellent painters like yourself on heresy, to be honest I was intimidated, I thought who will be arsed looking at my basic painting and commenting, but I realized my limitations as a painter after stripping some models for the 5th time and said fuck it just paint to the best you can.

I'm a simple painter straight colors and a wash and dry brushing, and people can see that and offer critism based on that, I cannot blend, thin paint, free hand worth a fuck, you can, if folk are not giving you tips it is because there are none to give, this is heresy not facebook, do not post stuff up just to get likes, post it because this is a hobby community and you want to show off your work because you put time and effort in and want feed back on how to better, and as others have said if you are not getting it, then you are exceedind or equalling the skill of your peers.

I have 25 comments in my plog including my own and like 700 views, most of those comments are about some converting I did which was not very good in practice but not too shabby conceptually, hopefully someone will do a better job and post it up. Posting your work is like panning for gold, you may get fuck all, you may get loads the same comments or you may get that one nugget of critque thst unlocks an idea or puts you straight on something you missed or could improve, or never thought of, but the only way to find out is to put it up, keep posting mate, be a shame not to put that work on display.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys..i know what you say is true...i still have much to learn...and art is subjective..so i really do like to hear your opinions good or bad...maybe a coulour choice or combo you felt was wrong or could've been better...too much weathering not enough weathering etc...
cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode