3d printing miniatures - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Default 3d printing miniatures

Hey guys,

if anyone is interested just thought I would post an update with some of the recent 3d prints we have been up to.
Been doing allot of miniature work! As you can see the printer is still doing us proud.

Anyone that wants any further information please feel free to visit our website and have a look about.

Lewis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 04:50 PM

dutchy1982's Flag is: United Kingdom

They look absolutely cracking!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 04:58 PM

Jolnir's Flag is: Canada

Those have an amazing level of detail.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 05:55 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hello pd models can you tell us what printer and software were used to produce these, can you also possibly post up photos of very close up one of the smooth surfaces ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 10:29 PM
Badknox's Flag is: Canada

I was also quite curious about the machine they use. for a number of years I had an old dimension printer from stratasys and it couldn't do anything close to this. (not saying I didn't try)

So from their site:
(not sure if direct linking pics will work or not...)

Pd models utilises the latest in technology to deliver 3d printed parts to a level that is second to none. Using our Project 3000 HD plus machine from 3D systems, we can produce detailed highly accurate parts that are built with a surface quality unmatched from other machines. The level of detail produced really is stunning, constructed parts are smooth and durable and have no problem reproducing fine details such as logos with pin sharp precision. Parts are built with minimal layer lines or stepping, cutting down on the need for post processing compared with other machines. From high tolerance engineered parts to highly textured CGI sculpted figurines, all are possible.

Parts are built in VisiJet® EX200 material that offers an engineered plastic performance for durability and stability ideal for functional testing and rapid tooling applications. Click to view the datasheet.
Moving parts are also possible with this machine, as the support material is wax, given enough clearance; an entire mechanism can be build already assembled and ready to go in a single part
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

hey thanks guys ;)

well that info is correct ;)

i couldnt tell you the software used to sculp these, as that would be a question for our clients. If i had to guess id say at least some of them a re scultped on zbrush.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode