IG "Casualties Army." Help slaughter my Guardsmen! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-13, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Default IG "Casualties Army." Help slaughter my Guardsmen!

Morbid as it may be, half of my next project involving Imperial Guard is an idea I laughed at when one of my friends said I should do it years ago; I'm going to make an entire Guard army of casualties, fatally wounded, desperate, and otherwise doomed Guardsmen. This is partially as a joke and partially a serious part of my larger IG project which I will work on later. And a chance to get some use out of the Army Painter gore paints I just got

For now, while I await the purchase and arrival of what will become enough bits to make a fair load of mixed-regiment Guard, I sit here brainstorming ideas on how to model all the Guardsmen as they are being ripped apart as a whole. With me being me, I want no repeats; every model will be completely uniquely modeled. What I'd like from you lot is to get some suggestions on how you'd like to see some Guardsmen killed, and if it's awesome or lolzy enough I'd love to implement it into my army!

Here's a few examples I've come up with:

1. Heavy weapons team with the gunner still firing but the loader slumped over the barrel or the ammo. Additionally, instead of sandbags? Guardsmen. Yeah. Piles of dead Guard bodies instead of sandbags :D

2. Company Commander laying on his back hiding under a dead body playing dead

3. "Halved" Guardsman (must have gotten hit by an artillery shell) split on two bases; ripped up pair of legs on one base, bloody torso (hollowed out with GS applied to make limp bloody clothing) on the other base.

4. Charging Guardsman with a hole through his neck from a sniper round with a massive GS blood splatter appropriately placed on either side

5. Commissar simultaneously executing a Guardsman and committing shooting himself in the head. Probably on a 60 mm base.

6. Guardsman on all fours coughing up a few pints of blood.

At any rate, I eagerly await the hilarious, twisted, and badass ways you all can come up with to see a Guardsman meet his death. Hit me!

[/SIGPIC]Praise be to the Omnissiah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 02:35 AM

Hydraulix's Flag is: USA

Sounds like a lot of fun, make a few up and post pics! I would say perhaps a guardsman aiming straight forward with his head completely blown off with a fountain of blood. like in gears of war when you snipe someone.

"I wager my testicles and the ongoing chance of fulfilling the lady friends desires and therefore my continued ability to breath that I'm not the only one in that boat as well."-Jacobite
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 04:39 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

A melted plasma vet from gets hot.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 08:25 AM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

just a point on the sniped guy, i have a feeling blood only comes out the back of the neck but i could be wrong.

anyway.....

1. grenade?
2. missing various limbs, can be used multiple times

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 09:03 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

As a recent ex soldier this idea is disgusting...........LY COOL!!!

Sounds good man! Bring some visceral realism to the table, an army like the Guard takes horrendous casualties!

For the suicide what about some of the heavy weapon team arms? They are in a fairly good position ad would need less work.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 05:54 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

I would say for the "halved" guardsmen" I glue the legs to the side of the base and then a blood trail across the base as the guardsman drags himself instead of splitting it on two bases.

guardsman with a flame thrower that explodes covering him in flames.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 06:33 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Have a tank running over guardsmen.
Barbed wire on a tank, with guardsmen stuck in it.
A guardsman peaking out of a tank, slumped over the heavy stubber.
A Commissar dressed as the grim reaper.
A guardsman drinking poison.
A guardsman riddles with bullet holes.
A coffin on a base.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-13, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
A melted plasma vet from gets hot.
Someone on another forum recommended acetone to accomplish a "head mulch" look, I think I'll try liberal application to see if I can melt half of a Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
As a recent ex soldier this idea is disgusting...........LY COOL!!!

Sounds good man! Bring some visceral realism to the table, an army like the Guard takes horrendous casualties!

For the suicide what about some of the heavy weapon team arms? They are in a fairly good position ad would need less work.
I've honestly NEVER handled a heavy weapons team before, I previously just used other models like roots with Smartguns and such. Any recommendations on which heavy weapons arms would work best? Or is there just a single "general" set of arms that attaches to all heavy weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
I would say for the "halved" guardsmen" I glue the legs to the side of the base and then a blood trail across the base as the guardsman drags himself instead of splitting it on two bases.

guardsman with a flame thrower that explodes covering him in flames.
I just thought the two-bases thing would be funnier, and I'd always stick the two bases in the same squad.

I like the flaming Guardsman idea, but do you have any ideas on how to do that? I'd rather not have to greenstuff all the flames.

[/SIGPIC]Praise be to the Omnissiah
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-13, 07:41 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

The plastic Cadian or Catachan set has some where you can put binoculars on or so forth, pointing hand, holding his hand to his mouth to shout etc.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-13, 08:46 PM

VanAlberict's Flag is: USA

Decapitation
Missing single limbs but slumped against some debris bleeding out

impaled on a spike

~- Van

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode