How to stick with ideas - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Gothic's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default How to stick with ideas

I have a chaos marine army going at the moment but I want to do another army but this time a good army (I know there ain't a good army) but I mean like nilla marines. I have too many ideas that I'm losing concentration so I'd like suggestions to keep me focused on my chaos along with suggestions for a good army.

Gothic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 07:25 AM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

To keep you focused on your Chaos Marines, I suggest you get yourself a copy of Treacheries of the Space Marines. It's a book full of Chaos Marine short stories from Black Library that are suprisingly good. After reading a couple of stories you'll enjoy your Choas Marines again.

As for a good army how about Tau. They seem to be a strong army at the moment. The problem with 'nilla marines is that it's painting more power armour again which may make you lose your focus quicker.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Is there any black legion stories in the book?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 10:10 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Or just do what I do; Collect Daemons. Then you can ally them with your Chaos Space Marines and vice versa, thus using both armies all the time.

Oh wait, that didn't help, did it...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Or just do what I do; Collect Daemons. Then you can ally them with your Chaos Space Marines and vice versa, thus using both armies all the time.

Oh wait, that didn't help, did it...
Nordicus the worse part is I already do demons with my guard but I don't count them as separate armies cos they're my alliances.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 03:16 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

there is no magic formular for sticking with a project, its pretty simple good old fashioned self control, get the models out you own and finish them off, then start the next project, break it down in to easy manageable chunks and stick to doing a chunk at a time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 05:01 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Physically hide the models you're not working on. Get them out of your sight, out of your room, out of your house if you can. Box them up and put them away. Get the army you are working on and put it somewhere glaringly obvious like your desk, a shelf next to your bed/computer/whatever. Put your paints and brushes directly next to them so it's as easy as possible to work on the army.

Maybe it'll help. After that, it is just self control (which I suck at, hence my record of 12 armies in 3 years, most of which are still ongoing).

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 05:08 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

I know the feeling about losing motivation for mpainting so i ended up changing my colorscheme. that helped me out alot and gives me much more please working on the models now. Heres the thing about chaos and why im secretly devoted to it. Their basic characteristic is that they are not a single force but small bands of marines thrown together from different legions. if you keep this in mind then you can easily take a break from painting black legion and stat painting emperos children indtead, or iron warriors, or whatever it is you would prefer. this gives you a chance to reagin motivation and interest in your other projects. It does require a bit of self control to finish every last model before going back to or starting a new project but it make the anticipation for starting the next one that much greater.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-13, 05:23 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

One way that I stick with a project is any time I have a new idea for an army I write it down in a word doc. titled project ideas then leave it there while I finish the current project I am on. This gets the idea out of my head and lets me focus on the current army or project. Sometimes I even create fluff and other things for armies and I stick them in the same document and then once my current project or army are done or to a point that I can work on other things I go through the document and see what is still appealing to me.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode