That escalated quickly [PIC HEAVY] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

Default That escalated quickly [PIC HEAVY]

Hello folks.

I have been quite lax in my getting back to Heresy since getting back home about 4 months ago now, but -things- got in the way and I really never got around to it.

This more or less just a few pics of some of the hobby stuff I did and collected while in the UK. There is more to come as I go through my myriad of boxes and make the stuff to give me some space to -hopefully- get back to painting again soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 06:06 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Gott im Himmel!

That's a lot of miniatures assembled. And it's toke months for me to put my 1,000 point space marines together!

you have more? how do you store all those models? A battle ship!

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-13, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Not dead.

I have also start a little Black Templar project as well. So far I have two Crusader squads, a Land Raider Crusader, a Rhino, an Assault squad, Emperor's Champion and the Lord Executioner as my Marshal.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-13, 04:39 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

yeah..tons of fun...lets see how you feel after slogging youre way through the painting ")
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-13, 04:49 AM

Just glad to see I am not the only one couple hundred models behind lol. My current rate of buying/painting is about 1/60 at this rate I will be a horder before I get my 3rd army done.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-13, 02:18 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeresyOnlyTruth View Post
Just glad to see I am not the only one couple hundred models behind lol. My current rate of buying/painting is about 1/60 at this rate I will be a horder before I get my 3rd army done.
Welcome to the fold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-13, 02:25 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

That is quite a lot of models -_- Not that I should be talking... ~10-12k points, maybe 3-4k painted... Not nearly this well though. Well done, mate.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-13, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
yeah..tons of fun...lets see how you feel after slogging youre way through the painting ")
Yeah, just started painting again after a few months. I'm really getting back into it. While I have a few projects, like my Death Guard and Red Wolves, that I am currently working on to paint for games, I like the idea of having all of these other little projects I can come back to for a 'paint break'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeresyOnlyTruth View Post
A lot of this has been accumulated over a number of years and I just kind of decided I needed to get it all out of various boxes and into some kind of ordered fashion. As I mentioned above I am just getting back into painting so my speed isn't necessarily quick at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the chance of smashing as much of this as I can out over the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Welcome to the fold!
I know right. There is nothing quite like the fevered collection of loads of models you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
That is quite a lot of models -_- Not that I should be talking... ~10-12k points, maybe 3-4k painted... Not nearly this well though. Well done, mate.
Thanks JAMOB. It's a bit like lots of ideas, leads to a few armies, then it's just finding a balance to get to painting them all.

I got a bit of the ol' Templar bug. They were one of my first ideas for a Marine army that I never quite got around to doing. After reading them in the new Codex (where I don't think they really lost any of their flair, but where opened up to a lot more options, which is a good thing. Right?) I decided to claw into them a bit again. They are inline to be part of the Imperial forces heading to Desper-se.

The above is the beginnings of 'The Desper-se Crusade' led by Marshal Balian, who I have chosen to be represented by the Lord Executioner. He is currently aided by Emperor's Champion Sigard, who is converted from the Kor'sarro Khan model. Accompanying Sigard is a 15 man Crusader squad led by Sword Brother Raynald and the first combat squad of Assault Marines, that accompany Balian, are led by Sword Brother Bertrand. A second Crusader squad, led by Sword Brother Dagobert, are in the assembly line. The Land Raider Crusader as of yet has no name.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-13, 12:59 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Looking good mate! Crusader squads are their own reward.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-13, 01:32 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

That's quite a collection there! I'm keen to see you work your way through it, if you're ever up top end feel free to PM me for a game.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode