What stops you from painting? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default What stops you from painting?

So I'm very bad at motivating myself to paint and am very good at coming up with excuses, for example one of the main reasons I come up with is that my room, thanks to its position and large window gets like an oven sometimes and prevents me from painting due to the heat. Ironically today its the opposite problem and my fingers feel like ice. Got to get some done today though.

Anyway what is that you constantly find yourself using as an excuse not to paint?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 10:28 PM
OgreChubbs's Flag is: Canada

Me, the motivation is simple. Kids are sleeping wifey is out and I am alone in a house where if you burp the whole house wakes up. So I sit my butt down turn on a audio book "thank god for earphones" and paint lol. Or monster hunter but after 400+ hours that's slowin down
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 11:27 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

The fact that I can cut up my bits and use them on even more construction projects usually keeps my focus away from painting.

Past week has been different though, painted well over 20 terminators and 2 Chaplains.
Mostly because I'm out of cash and thus can't buy anything to build.....

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 11:31 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

a frozen shoulder and two young cats who think its fun after an hour to give me grief when my arm is already screaming at me to rest
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 03:20 AM

projectda's Flag is: USA

i dont think im too bad a painter, but im not as good as i would like. so it bums me out when i see something that i want to do, but am unable to. also the amount of time. for me to do 6 FW with just a few colours will take me hours over a few days. layer by layer i slowly lose my mind.

DIVTIVS VOS OBTVTVS IN CASSVS, PENITVS CASSVS OBTVTVS IN VOS.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 03:53 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I must admit I dont like painting. I am not very good at it, and i will usually prefer to be constructing and converting models rather than painting. But i am slowly getting there. In total i have only about 50 models left to complete. It might sound like a lot but I have about 600 painted, so I am nearing the point where I have painted all I own. So that is a bit of motivation. Usually though i do one color across a squad or two then i loose interest and then resort to violent computer games for the next few hours.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 04:48 AM
Kr00gZ's Flag is: Australia

Wife, kids, cats, friends, family, work. All the "big rocks". Painting is the sand that fills in the gaps.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 07:16 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr00gZ View Post
Wife, kids, cats, friends, family, work. All the "big rocks". Painting is the sand that fills in the gaps.
we have four cats and a dog, the dog comes in has a look and goes out, the two older cats are out or snoozing it and the two younguns are in the room with me helping me paint...or rather getting up on the table and moving things around , up on the shelves......love my cats but those two can be really impish when they want to be
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 01:51 PM

Mainly kids, but ironically painting stops me from painting. Currently I have, half painted, Dante, 10 Sanguinary Guard, Lamartes, about 7 GK Terminators, about 12 GK Marines, 2 Rhinos, 3 Razorbacks, a Landraider, a Storm Raven, a Chimera, 2 Baal Preds, 2 Vindicators, 10 Death Company, a Tau Crisis Suit Commander, and three Crisis Suits that I can remember off the top of my head. Oh and I just started some area terrain.

I've got a little bit of project ADD at the moment.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 02:38 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Work & Sleep mostly.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode