My Necrons - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-13, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Kirusion's Flag is: England

Default My Necrons

After someone on my welcome post commented on wanting to see some of my painting skills (lol what skills :D)

Also the first Warrior pic are my first ones I painted they're lighter than my newer ones and my dry brushing back then... well it was my first attempt lol, you can see on the second one half of my newer ones as they're darker which I prefer... also before anyone asks the glue was my Nephew (him in the last pic) Never again will he help me with the glue :D, 3 had to be redone once they dried as he kinds ruined them :D, luckily the other 17 were good to go :D

So here they are :D.. be honest with me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-13, 12:26 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Nice and simple, I like it. Easily the hardest thing about painting is coloring inside the lines, so to speak, and you did good here.

One piece of advice, on your glowing green bits, give the edges a dark green wash. It will blend it into the colors below and give it a visual boundary.

You might consider a little cleanup on some parts, as some of the paint has strayed onto the Gauss rifles.

Last edited by Iron Angel; 03-21-13 at 12:29 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-13, 01:36 PM

Warpath's Flag is: England

Your Nephew looks like he is concentrating hard in the last pic while you direct him in his painting
These are looking good! My favorite one is the first picture. I would say that the bases could do with painting once sanded and then tidy/paint the base rims. But besides all that you have done a great job and a nice start here at Heresy.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-13, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Kirusion's Flag is: England

the pic with the paint on the rifle... that was my first attempt at dry brushing :D... bad I know it's better now I think, I'm not painting them until I've got my table as I still don't know what colour scheme I'm doing on the table yet, so I wouldn't want to repaint, also all of the ones that have been re-based are now cleaned up of excess paint, most of that was from my first warriors where I used the dry brush everything then wash it in null oil :D

When I find my good camera I'll take some more pics of them.. though idk where it is

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode