40K'ing a Ghorgon? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Default 40K'ing a Ghorgon?

Any ideas on how I could go about turning a fantasy Beatsmen Ghorgon into a 40K daemon prince/greater daemon? I like the look of the model and think it should fit in well with what I have planned for my army but I want to take the fantasy elements down a notch or two.

Any ideas?

Edit- Here it is for people to look at Link

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Last edited by normtheunsavoury; 02-27-13 at 02:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 06:15 AM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

That Ghorgon model would work really well in a Khorne army. The model seems a bit big to use some of the 40k parts from the Daemon prince kit. Maybe parts from a Dreadknight may fit him? A simple way to 40k him would be to add 40k trophies, like a couple of marine helmets here and there.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 06:52 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Is he going to have wings? Not sure what model wings would fit him if he does. Maybe the wood elf dragon? I will take a look tonight as I have a ghorgon and a dragons so can put up a picture if you need one to see comparison.

Its such a large model you could use marine armour as greaves and arm guards. I would probably loose the spiky fur on the back and sculpe some large spikes. You can trun this into some form of 40k trophy rack.

It will be interesting too see how it turns out.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 07:33 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

well firstly i want to point out the obvious, alot of the deamon price stuff will fit him without looking odd, the weapons for example are way oversized for the deamon prince.
you could also look towards the soulgrinder/defiler for some bits, Wings i think you will be safe with anything dragon sized or you could look at the nid tyrants wings, Nids also have some quite interesting armour plate for the big beasts which is worth looking at.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 04:07 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Paint the stone stuff to look like pieces of bone and you're set. Either that or alter them to make them more metallic looking. Demons to me have always bounced back and forth from WFB to 40k pretty easily.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 04:37 PM

You could buy a sentinel to give him robo legs, like Darth Maul in the strwars Clone wars series (My apologies for leaving that conversion idea so open for abusive jokes at this current time...) The Soul Grinder would be a spot on kit to look for inspiration from, pluss it would be most deffinitely compatible with this kit size wise.
For wings, maybe manticore wings from the fantasy range? They wold look perfect alongside the soul grinder kit because of the pinchey claws, or for a more 40k style look maybe even the helldrake?
Racking up a fairly pricey shopping list as whole kits, but as parts it might be do-able!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 11:42 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

That is a bad ass model that I can see being a deamon prince easy. As others have pointed out I would use the deamon prince stuff like the shoulder pads leg guards and loin cloth. I would keep the spiky hair on the back but remove more of the fur patches and cover those up with armour. You could add an arm from the soul grinder or defiler to replace one of the regular arms.
Now if you really wanted to go crazy you could take parts from the Chaos Forgefiend/maulerfiend and add the left swiping arm, the exhaust and some of the chaos parts as armor as well as the metal tentical arms. It would give it a more industrial 40K feel that could be more of a mechanical deamon prince like for Iron warriors or something.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-13, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Thanks for the ideas so far, I wasn't planning on a mortgage any time soon but this could end up requiring one

I wasn't initially going to give the model wings but with the ones suggested so far I might give it a go, along with some DP parts it should look good. I'll have to start trawling through ebay and bits sites for stuff, build it up over time so my wife doesn't go ape at how much I'll be spending

Edit- I wonder when Mr. Andkits will be getting more forge/maulerfiend bits in stock, hmmm...

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Last edited by normtheunsavoury; 02-28-13 at 12:30 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-13, 03:53 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

I think you should take a leaf out of the recent Chaos releases and go for a biomechanical look.

Hows your sculpting skills?

Some cables and wires coming out and going through his flesh would help '40kify' him, like he's fused with his armour or some construct. Perhaps also some vestigial armour plating and such, also fused with his flesh.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-13, 08:31 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Thanks for the ideas so far, I wasn't planning on a mortgage any time soon but this could end up requiring one

I wasn't initially going to give the model wings but with the ones suggested so far I might give it a go, along with some DP parts it should look good. I'll have to start trawling through ebay and bits sites for stuff, build it up over time so my wife doesn't go ape at how much I'll be spending

Edit- I wonder when Mr. Andkits will be getting more forge/maulerfiend bits in stock, hmmm...
mid march, would be my "guess" i didnt order one for the start of the month as i had plenty left from feb, but it seems to have sold really well in th elast few days.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode