Mini Leman Russ Baneblade - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 12:56 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

well in that case matey, i say crack on and get cutting, though i have to admit it seems lke false economy spending that much on random bits when you infact need full tanks, dont get me wrong im all for Bitz addicts blowing money on bits, but not when its a fellow heretic who obviously needs some time in bitz rehab.

*makes mental note to start selling bitz on ebay

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I actually try to buy whole kits in bits form, bits sellers on ebay usually have the whole kit split into separate auctions. The problem for me is that when I see a baneblade hull for $3 and sides for $5 I bid. I ended up putting bids on things I did not even need because it was so cheap (or so it would seem, when you add it all together it might not be as cheap as you first though). I basically put a very low bid, if I won I won, if I didn't I didn't care as I actually didn't need the bits. This is how I ended up with a bit too much stuff (and that's putting it mildly).

I dont think you can make that much money on Ebay auctions, though it depends on the actual bit. As a bits seller I'm sure you know that some bits are in HIGH demand while others never sell. Same with Ebay, some bits sell for nothing or not at all while others make up for it by selling for really high prices. Most Ebay stores usually have Buy it now options for the same bits they have on auction and I've seen people bid allot more than the BIN price loads of times, heck I've even done this as I haven't been paying attention.

From what I can tell the bits sellers usually split up a kit into enough bits so that if the whole thing sells they at least get back what they paid for the kit. If people bid more they make a small profit.

I'm really starting to doubt if this project is actually doable, at least with the bits from the kits. I might need to make plasticard sides as just the thickness of the baneblade ones are more than the actual tracks on a Leman.

The BB tracks are 2.5 times as wide as the LR ones, I have considered cutting them but it'd be such a waste imo.

I have noticed many design elements of the BB and LR are very similar, turn the LR hull around and you basically have the front of the BB side hull.

Stormlord might be a much better hull for this project.

We know the side can be shrunk down pretty easily, the width on the other hand will be a bigger problem...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode