Young Bloods lord idea - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Young Bloods lord idea

I'm starting to think about a model that I'm going to do for Young bloods. I was thinking of doing a chaos lord in terminator armour and split him up into for quarters for each chaos God and converting each section to represent this. My ideas for each section are

Nurgle - Taking a couple of bitz from the Forge world terminatorsfor an arm and the top duarter which the arm is on (the chest will be split into quarters too if you hadn't realised) And it would be painted like a death guard.

Slaanesh - Probabaly be a leg with a deamon coming out of it/ a deamon's face morphed into it. It would be painted pink/ purple maybe black trimming.

Tzeentch - I am really unsure about, idea would be appreciated - probably thousand sons like

Khorne - I was going to use another set from FW, either the world eaters terminator bitz or use parts of Chaos lord Zhufor - does anyone know how he comes as in which bitz are attached, I will probably use the skeleton on his back and one of his arms, and painted like a words bearer.

Does this sound like a good idea? Or does it sound like to much will be 'going on'

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 02:42 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

The idea sounds good but on something as small as a terminator I think it could become very busy, way too much going on in such a small space.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 03:50 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

I agree with norm.

Using a Daemon Prince as the base might work better.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

SAdly I can't use a deamon prince in young bloods, its a single minature on a standerd base unless it is in terminator armour, and yeah I though it might be a bit busy. what about a 50/50 split or should I keep it one paint scheme?

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 09:06 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I'd say stick to a single theme, it may not sound ground breaking but a simple thing done exceptionally will always look better than a complicated thing done poorly.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 02:19 AM

pb97613's Flag is: Australia

Choose a nice clean model with simple features. This will allow you to show off skills and talent compared to a model that is cluttered with small details everywhere. I also think that it will be difficult to do 1 model with 4 quarters dedicated to each chaos god without the paint scheme clashing. Just pick one god and do the best paint job that you can on it. For additional inspiration have a look at http://demonwinner.free.fr/
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 02:23 AM

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Thank you they were very helpful - so these are my ideas now:

A chaos lord with maybe a pink horror face coming out of the leg, and paint it I don't know what.

Create a nurgle lord using the forge world bits.

Or use the Lord Khufor model

Possibly a mixture of khufor and the demon face, I will need to see which bits Khufor come in. If I go for the first idea then the head will probably be like the faceless one here:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wn...id=1700118-gws

I may even try to use a similar paint scheme, however white isn't really my thing when it come to painting. Also one more thing, I'm terrible at spotting conversions, are there normall many young blood conversions? Or are there just minor ones lke the change of an arm

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-12, 12:30 AM

It is always better to do a great paint job on a simple model, than an average paint job on a complex model. I don't know what country you are in, but this will give you an idea of what the standard of previous winners have done: http://demonwinner.free.fr/

I personally would stay away from the lord zhufor model as it is very cluttered with details. I would personally pick something which is much cleaner that will allow you to show off your talent and skills. For Demon this year I'm painting a rat ogre from the isle of blood kit, Sergeant Harker from the imperial guard and a mounted Erkenbrand from LOTR. All of this models are rather simple and don't have lots of little details everywhere. I idea behind choosing "cleaner" models is that there are less distractions for the eye so they can focus on the paint job. Again, it's not a case that you can't win with a very finely detailed model, but when you look at what does well each year, cleaner models is a general trend.

I wouldn't worry too much about doing a big conversion. The best conversions are ones that you can't tell are conversions. The usually have simple changes to the model. From what I have seen of young bloods models, they generally don't have massive conversions. They just pick a nice simple model and do a great paint job. Whatever model you pick, paint it in whatever your style is. Not only will you get a better quality paint job, but you will enjoy painting the model more.

Also if you can, try to have your model tell a story. I know this might sound difficult, but this is what people using creative basing to do. It helps put your model into a context and makes it more interesting.

At the end of the day, the most important thing for you to do is pick a model that you think you will enjoy painting and paint it how you want to.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-12, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Chaos lord with pink horror face and faceless head then - probably make it a sorcerer. I was actually look at Lucius, but from what you said I think lucius maybe be too cluttered, what do you guys think? Now I just need to come up with a paint scheme, the head I was going to keep whiet, like the one on the link maybe with the hand print too. The pink Horror I will paint like one.I was thinking of going tzeentch, but I don't know if I can get the blue to stand out and stay neat, I was thinking of painting the blue like the sicarius model in the 'eavy metal masterclass booklet - Sound any good? - from what you said about conversions, I may drop the pink horror face anyway at which point I may make it anothe God.

Last edited by falcoso; 07-04-12 at 07:52 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode