legion of the damned comander conversion - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Default legion of the damned comander conversion

hey all currently im putting together a legion of the damned army and decided to base it around the white scars captain from the marine codex, so ive put together a little wip to represent him this is as far as i have got.

not sure what else to do to him yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 11:24 PM

OMNOMNOMIVORE's Flag is: Israel

would you be able to turn the blade so the flat side is up? it would look a bit more threatening if you did.

aperture science-we do what we must because we can
when you say "jesus" backwards it sounds like "sausage"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboot View Post
In the enthusiastic brightness of the near future, there is only skipping. tra la la la la
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 12:29 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like it, looks like it's about to do an over head chop.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 06:10 AM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

That looks incredible. I really like it too. I think some sort of 'cape' like attachment would be good. Just something that makes him look a bit more commander like. The sword is brilliant and I love the pose - but overall he just doesn't look like a veteran marine that should be leading the whole legion of the damned. Rather just a legion member with a sword.

Perhaps a cape that is burning away or a cape actually made of fire. Something like with the Salamanders.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 08:05 AM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thats very nice indeed. It may be fairly difficult, but have you considered adding a ranged weapon of any sort? I dont know marines very well but I do know that the sanguinary guard angelis (angelus?) bolters that fit to their wrists might workwell. You could keep with the LotD theme and have a flamer. Also a cape might work wel to bulk it up a bit. But otherwise fantastic work!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 08:45 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's a great conversion, really well done and everything fits nicely.

Rev
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

cheers for the comments guys, thanks .

let me push on to some answers to your comments, a cloak is something im considering for him to bulk him out a bit ive chosen a back pack( see below)

as to range weapons as im basing him on the white scars captain kor'sarro khan, his only ranged weapon is a bolt pistol , in which case he has a bolt pistol holstered.

someone mentioned he dosent look to commander like, the reason for this is from a little bit info i picked up on a few different sites that say that all legion of the damned marines are equal and that no formal command structure is in place( but being 40k i needed a HQ ) so decided to try and keep him as close to a normal legion marine but make him unique in his pose, base and weapon.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 09:14 AM

Zetronus's Flag is: Great Britain

@Kickboxerdog

your model looks great - I have always loved the legion of the damned and this is a well converted model!

I look forward to seeing it painted and with the rest of his troop - about the only place I dont want to see it is on the battlefield against me! =)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 09:46 AM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post
cheers for the comments guys, thanks .

let me push on to some answers to your comments, a cloak is something im considering for him to bulk him out a bit ive chosen a back pack( see below)

as to range weapons as im basing him on the white scars captain kor'sarro khan, his only ranged weapon is a bolt pistol , in which case he has a bolt pistol holstered.

someone mentioned he dosent look to commander like, the reason for this is from a little bit info i picked up on a few different sites that say that all legion of the damned marines are equal and that no formal command structure is in place( but being 40k i needed a HQ ) so decided to try and keep him as close to a normal legion marine but make him unique in his pose, base and weapon.
I mentioned the commander bit, did not know that little tid bit. In that case, with that pack I think he would look great. No real reason for a cape then. I like him and I think he looks very much like Khan.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

thanks, so far ive got ready to paint 2 tactical squads a dread and rhino , and will be opening a project log for them soon for them, maybe later if time allows.
i was reading some more info on the legion of the damned and it says they like rapid fast attacks and use bikes a lot so my approach to use the white scars captain will fit in well i think and i plan on a conversion of my commander on a bike also.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode