Selly's Plastic Glue - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Default Selly's Plastic Glue

Has anybody else discovered this amazing glue?

I was running out of glue so i called up my dad while he was out and asked if he could find any at the shops and this is what he returned with

P_Selleys_PlasticsGlue_large.jpg

You take the "Primer Pen" run it along what ever your gluing (both pieces), then apply a small amount of glue to one of the pieces (you only need a tiny bit), press together and it bonds nearly instantaneously!

I even dropped a small part down a set of stairs (i was carrying a Skyray in one hand, coffee in the other and a spray can under my arm....) but despite falling all the way down nothing broke off. (Not sure how larger models would fair though)

I'm not sure if this is available in the US, UK or where ever you may live, but if it is, I strongly recommend buying this, bonds fantastically and strong, no messy glue strings coming off it and it's about half the price of GW glue and will last you the same amount of time. (assuming you don't leave the pen out to dry)

The only downside to this i can see, is if the pen cannot reach where you need to glue for what ever reason, because without the primer pen, it won't stick at all, in fact i got some on my fingers and it pretty much reduced the surface tension to 0.

(P.S I am in no way associated with Selly's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 08:39 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

I think that stuff is a form of CA glue. I use something similar but with a different name.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode