Necrons and metallic vs ceramite look - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

View Poll Results: Metallic or ceramic/ceramite look?
Metallic 3 15.79%
Ceramic/ceramite 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

Default Necrons and metallic vs ceramite look

I was reading through the latest WD and they had plenty of pictures of the new necron release. One army had a very flat ceramite/ceramic look to it with light colors and white plates of whatever. I have to say that it was definitely something different and definitely something I'd consider doing with my new necron army. My previous one I stuck with a gunmetal washed with black and it gave it quite the nice look but I might consider the ceramite look now. So which would you prefer, metallic or ceramic?

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Here's the look I'm talking about for ceramic/ceramite

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 07:54 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

That's a pretty good look. Pretty intimidating, especially in the Warrior and Immortal eyes. I'm all for non-traditional/non-metallic Necrons. Living metal doesn't have to be silver-colored. I'm also a really big fan of painting the green rods and those are quite nice.

LOL. Just had a thought about somebody saying they made "plastic, iPod Crons." These also fit that description.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 08:02 AM

Where did u get that pic from? And yeah I would go for ceramic, if I hadn't started with metallic when I was really young (it was the easiest one) if u have the skill to fo ceramic well then do it.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 11:15 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

I like a mix of the two: ceramic panels over a metal frame. This creates a larger visual texture to the model than either all metal or all ceramic.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
I like a mix of the two: ceramic panels over a metal frame. This creates a larger visual texture to the model than either all metal or all ceramic.
That's what makes it look the best I think. Contrasting styles shows the benefits of each.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 05:29 PM

Major Braindead's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
I agree too, that would be the best option in my opinion. Get the best of both worlds

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode