Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Angels Encarmine Sanguinary Guard

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  odinsgrandson 
#1 ·
Here are some Sanguinary Guard from the Angels Encarmine that I painted up a little while ago.

I don't know that there's a whole lot else to add, so here they are:

See less See more
#3 ·
What kind of paint did you use for the while armour?

All the times I paint anything white I have to use about 10 layers and it ends up flaky and terrible looking. Currently using Citadel paints, which is probably part of the problem.

Great looking pics though. +rep

#6 ·
Whoa! The faces on those look amazing. Between the shading and black pits of the eyes it gives them a very powerful expression.

#8 ·
I am always looking forward to your next update and this one did not disappoint. Great job on the very clean white look and the power weapons look excellent. The freehand is top notch and the colour scheme as a whole works really well. It's just a shame about Dante's backpack (the area around the vents look distorted).

#9 ·
Yeah, it was distorted. I thought it was odd when I picked him up that the store clerk apologized that they didn't have the metal version in stock. Now that I've painted both, I prefer him in metal.

Which I find odd, because I often prefer painting resin miniatures from other companies (Forge World included).

Just a little while ago, I got a chance to paint up a third party resin mini alongside a Finecast one, and the difference was stark. I don't understand why GW can't get better quality resin than the little guys.

Anyway, that's all a little off topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.