Painting W.h with the loved one.??? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-12, 10:36 PM
Pride365's Flag is: USA

My Girl helped me pick my newest army and said she would paint anything but zombies with me! Don't think I could ever get her to game with me but she lets me go to stores (she will go with me) and wander and eye things to my hearts content! Lets me buy anything I want and when the 145 came out she even helped the store manager put things away so all of us greedy gamers could get out mitts on stuff!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 12:51 AM

My fiancee doesn't want anything to do with it. She likes that I do 40k rather than go get drunk or something else destructive. Sometimes she thinks a particular model or paintjob is cool, and I'll ask her for an opinion of something if I need an outsiders perspective, but that's where it ends.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
~Mark Twain
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 04:35 PM

Inari82's Flag is: USA

I got my girlfriend into much geekery. Started off by getting her to play magic with me at the local fnm's. Then when I introduced Malifaux into my local store she picked up a Lady J box set and I taught her the basics of painting and she loves it. As I have pretty intense on getting my necrons done, she decided she wanted to start an army, but didn't want to do a whole lotta armour, so she picked up a box of Seekers and a box of Bloodletters and have started painting them up. She isn't sure if she wants to learn how to play, but she is enjoying painting them up.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:09 PM

Agarwaen's Flag is: England

oh man, I live with my Girlfriend and she HATES everything to do with it! She always complains at how expensive it is, all my books everywhere and basically just hates it. She doesnt mind me having a hobby, quite the opposite, but she wants nothing to do with it.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 06:33 PM

Grudthak's Flag is: Great Britain

The lovely creature that I will be marrying in under two weeks is very supportive, though she doesn't get it. She used to paint models when she was a kid, and she's painted with me once. On our second date we went for a pizza near the GW in Oxford and she pointed it out and said "ooh I used to like those shops". That's when I knew I was onto a winner!

I think she'd be a lot more into it all if the models were prettier and not warlike. If you could have an army of happy fairies she'd be hooked, I'm sure.
But she is supportive. She doesn't mind it at all and she's happy I'm doing something I enjoy and not other women. All in all I would love it if she played but I am more than happy being able to have her 'only' support what I'm doing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode