Using Mantic models on GW bases - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Mantic Games Discuss Warpath, Kings of War, DreadBall and other Mantic Games here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

search116's Flag is: USA

Default Using Mantic models on GW bases

Well getting a email from MWG saying the have mantic models, curious I checked them out turns out I bealive I can use them in a VC army. twenty eight bucks for 30 zombies is a good deal is it not? Would you condone this or not? Bear in mind that since the bases are a little bit smaller I order them online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:20 AM

Flindo's Flag is: Canada

I cant see why you couldnt in a casual fun game.

Warhammer:Skaven 9000 points, Lizardmen 1250 points
Warmachine:Dwarves 261 points, Trolls 125 points Gatormen 174 points
Malifaux: Gremlins 100 Soul Stones
Infinity: Morats 1400 points, Shasvastii 600 points
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:29 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by search116 View Post
Well getting a email from MWG saying the have mantic models, curious I checked them out turns out I bealive I can use them in a VC army. twenty eight bucks for 30 zombies is a good deal is it not? Would you condone this or not? Bear in mind that since the bases are a little bit smaller I order them online.
Using them in casual games isn't a problem, and most FLGSs are fine with it (though check, if there's one you go to regularly). However, you won't be able to take part in GW tournaments or play in GW stores with mantic models - they only accept GW stuff. Outside of that though, they're all good

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:35 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Ergh, no they're not . Unless the free dwarf has a smaller base. And yes, Mantic Undead are absolutely fabulous as well as affordable to use in friendly games (180 zoms in my basement). Also, paying in british pounds is cheaper than in US dollars .

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
Using them in casual games isn't a problem, and most FLGSs are fine with it (though check, if there's one you go to regularly). However, you won't be able to take part in GW tournaments or play in GW stores with mantic models - they only accept GW stuff. Outside of that though, they're all good
well since the nearest GW is 50 miles away I guess using them is cool.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 01:55 AM
Dark Knight

sybarite's Flag is: Australia

if there bases are alot smaller, you can just buy some bases from GW website (link below) and l can't see why people will not let them use them in a tournament if the bases are the right size as you no longer get an advantage from it and they would look all most the same as the GW ones.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...e=paints-tools

My Chaos Army
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...m/P1060039.jpg you can see them all in the the heresy gallery under WoC
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery
~desu
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 09:42 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Mantic bases are almost identical to gW ones after you have sanded/flocked them, the models themselves make up for the very slight thiness, stick them on a movement tray and none could tell. The other problem is that mantic use a very clever round tab that is part of the model and fits into a recession on the base, virtually ensures that the models are secure and rank, but gives them a bump if your using gw bases.

From experience I can tell you the models are great
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

also do you know if there catapults are useable
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 05:16 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

One of the kids in my club got a mantic elf army box - but they shipped him catapults instead of the bolt throwers they were supposed to have. One phone call later and he got the bolt throwers he was after (plus two extra) AND got to keep the catapults as well.

They are (the models) a little smaller than GW stuff (but older GW is also smaller than current) but the bases fit into a movement tray and rank up exactly like GW regular WHFB infantry.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 09:24 AM

Yeah I got the Undead Army deal from Mantic and it's great. I use the GW movement trays for them and it's pretty much spot on. The models are 28mm scale, not Heroic 28mm scale which is why the models look a touch smaller, especially the head and hands.

Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Forum Archives > Mantic Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode