Crew suggestions for lady justice? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Malifaux Talk about Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux and other games here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Default Crew suggestions for lady justice?

Hi folks, I have been playing some games over at Golem painting studio with lucas mcabbe as my master, but im new to the game and was struggling a bit so i thought to get lady justice as she seems relatively straight forward.

I have got the crew box painted up, will be getting some photos when I buy some more bases for them. And now I want to expand my crew selection a bit more, so my question is what works well with lady justice, and how do i make the most of them in game?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-14, 07:20 AM
Halloween Town

jondoe297's Flag is: England

To be honest lady j is a bit of a tank, and doesn't do a huge amount for your crew (obv there is synergy with death Marshall models)
What to expand with? My experience with guild is a bout 1 or 2 games playing with them, against them though, countless.
So i would say an austringer or 2 wouldn't go a miss, some long range fire power in the form of riflemen, maybe pick up ortega box for access to the ortega boys, most specifically Francisco and Nino.
DF 7 and WP 9 lady j is pretty intimidating.
Peacekeeper adds to the threat of beat stick time
A few hounds for objectives, pathfinder with clock work traps to control areas.
To be honest there are no set crews, certain models are better than others at certain strats n schemes, for instance the crew you'd take for reckoning would be radically different to one you would select for stake a claim, squatters rights or even recconoitre.
You might want to get some sort of ca attack element or one that ignores incorporeal at least

Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy
Malifaux/hobby podcast - check it out for inane ramblings
http://isleoffauxrecords.podbean.com/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-14, 09:41 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I second the riflemen. Their ability to chain activate can help take down even the big boys.

A peacekeeper or guardian might be cool just to get some robots on the board. It also might be worth looking at some of the mercenary minis.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 12:06 AM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Was discussing this last night at my club...I am still new to Malifaux but getting the hang of it. I have started with the Ortegas and recommend them for fellow noobs as they are forgiving and easyish to learn...But now I am thinking about combos with the Lady Justice crew, and apparently Perdita works very well with death marshalls (pine box ability), and throw in Papa Loco for his ability to boost her shooting attack (dynamite bullets!), and/or perhaps Francisco for his +2 DF boost (I think that would make her DF 9...Scary!).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-14, 08:26 AM
Halloween Town

jondoe297's Flag is: England

Francisco is a nightmare boosting up dita to df and wp 9 and the same for justice, df 7 wp 9
Only issue, timing of movement and placement may dictate too much.
Ninos spotter ability is fantastic esp if you can maximise family member by stocking up on pisteleros, abeula and then shot gun wedding another guy, you can potentially lock down alot of the board early on.
The prob with those box sets, they don't have much to add to a strat like claim jump, they have a lot of killing but struggle with some of the other strats in terms of raw speed

Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy
Malifaux/hobby podcast - check it out for inane ramblings
http://isleoffauxrecords.podbean.com/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Malifaux

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode