Welcome to Malifaux - The Basics - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Malifaux Talk about Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux and other games here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 07:00 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Are there any models that are in 1.0 but not 2.0? Can you pick up the 2.0 rulebook and have that be everything you need?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:45 PM
Halloween Town

jondoe297's Flag is: England

2.0 rulebook is definite starting place, a pack of poker cards and i would say an arsenal pack for you chosen faction wouldn't go a miss (these are around 6quid mark and contain upgrade and stat cards for all models released so far for that faction) this isn't nec but much easy than flipping through the book
To answer your question about models, yes and no is the answer,
Officially only wave one models have official rules
But the beta wave 2 is out which has the remaining models in it, but these are being tweaked on a weekly basis.
Masters released for 2.0 wave 1 are as follows
Lady j
Perdita
Sonnia
Seamus
Mcm
Nico
Ramos
Marcus
Raspy
Viks
Von schil
Tara
Lilith
Pandora
Zoraida
Misaki
Mei feng
Jacob lynch
Somer teeth
Ophelia
Brew master

Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't Happy
Malifaux/hobby podcast - check it out for inane ramblings
http://isleoffauxrecords.podbean.com/
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:55 PM
Icarus Miniatures

I've just got the 2.0 rulebook, and already had storm of shadows. I've got enough models to make a guild crew using the "Guild's Judgement" box and 3 riflemen.

I'm just a little confused because of the difference in style on the stat cards. The riflemen have a "Ca" stat, but the new 2.0 models don't have that on their cards. I assume that this will become clear once I've given the rules a read, it's just making me scratch my head right now.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:55 PM
Icarus Miniatures

I've just got the 2.0 rulebook, and already had storm of shadows. I've got enough models to make a guild crew using the "Guild's Judgement" box and 3 riflemen.

I'm just a little confused because of the difference in style on the stat cards. The riflemen have a "Ca" stat, but the new 2.0 models don't have that on their cards. I assume that this will become clear once I've given the rules a read, it's just making me scratch my head right now.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 07:22 AM
Halloween Town

Riflemen are 2nd wave so they have beta rules at the mo.
Lady j's crew is ready to rock.
They have simplified the cards massively.
Front of the cards are inherently abilities and skills that are always 'on' i.e lady j doesn't need line of sight for charging.
The back of the cards are broken down into tactical and attack actions.
Attack actions will have the required sh,ml or ca built in.
Ca has changed for the better now, where you use to cast and create a final duel total, its nothing. Performed the same as a normal duel like ml or sh attacks.
There are two types of duels, simple which usually requires you to beat a tn (target number) a horror duel for example.
The second type is opposed and that requires your opponent to be involved (these may have a tn that you have to beat as well)

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 02:20 PM
Icarus Miniatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
Riflemen are 2nd wave so they have beta rules at the mo.
Are the beta rules online? I can't seem to find them :S

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 10:35 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Yeah me and friends were wondering what was up with some of our models not being included in the rulebook...Good to hear they haven't been retconned out of existence (looking at you GW!). But where do we find the beta rules?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 11:27 PM
Halloween Town

On the wyrd forum there is a section dedicated to beta wave 2, they update it every week on a Tuesday.
They have released the last master as well now

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-13, 02:25 AM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Well, had a very enjoyable evening of Malifaux tonight at the FLGS. Me, my wife and a couple of friends are all getting into it together which is nice. We're starting to understand it now and are coming to grips with how our crews work.

I must say, I do love the playstyle of the Ortega crew: I think they are very beginner friendly and a really good way to get to grips with the rules.
Their 'Companion' rule is cool because you can 'daisy chain' and activate another member directly after the first, as long as they are within 6". Also Perdita the master can move 8" towards any friendly model in exchange for getting rid of a card in your hand.
So what I am noticing is that it's best to get someone like Santiago Ortega who has 'Hard to Kill' to go ahead of everyone else and then Perdita can use the 8" move to get into a good position to assist. Santiago also gets more powerful the more the enemy damages him which is a nice bonus!

It's loads and loads of fun thinking about how to combine all of them effectively. All their weapons and attacks are pretty straight forward too with most of them bringing the same weapon: The Peacebringer: SH6 and Range 12" (exception here is that Pedrita's is 14" and SH7). But Papa Loco and Nino Ortega are very unique and bring some extra flavour. Papa throws dynamite and is better in melee than the rest and has some pretty crazy special rules (e.g if you kill him he drops all his dynamite and it explodes over everyone friend or foe nearby!), while Nino Ortega can infiltrate and has a unique shooting attack. I am finding it's best to keep Papa Loco isolated with maybe 1 other person (maybe Francisco Ortega) because he has a habit of dropping dynamite when failing to hit/damage that can hurt the rest of the crew members.

Next week we will be playing again but the peeps at the FLGS will be helping us look at the more complex rules such as the upgrades you can buy and how to use soulstones.

Very cool game :-)
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-13, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

jams's Flag is: Wales

@Straken's_Fist one of the classic ortega tactics was the loco-bomb where you basically slingshot papa loco across the board as fast as possible towards you oppo's crew then cause him to detonate. Hilarious when it worked lol

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Malifaux

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode