Malifaux April Releases - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Malifaux Talk about Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux and other games here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Default Malifaux April Releases

Well I have recently become obsessed with the world and models of Malifaux and as such I have been digging for every scrap of information about the game that I can. I found these over on the Wyrd Forum and thought that since I rarely see any Malifaux news here abouts I would post them up. All of these are due out in early April.

Lilith, Avatar of Natures Malevolence

Lilith Alternate

Tuco

Nicodem, Avatar of Decay

Nicodem Alternate

Bete Noire Alternate

Jaakuna Ubume

Carrion Effigy

Brutal Effigy

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:26 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

My only problem with them is that I feel they use too much of a primary colour palette to show some of the models off to their best...

That said, I really like these models. I'm starting to become obsessed with them too lately. lol.

Just a shame literally no-one in my area plays the game...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:29 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

it is picking up in my area. a group of about five of us now have models and are getting others to play. it is a sweet line that is very creative and a fun system.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

I am in the same boat Griz. But hell the minis are fantastic, overall half the cost of GW, and the rule book was $12 bucks from my FLGS. I am sure that I will eventually find someone to play

I agree that the system looks like a lot of fun. I am just starting to read the rule book, but so far it looks good.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:37 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I am in the same boat Griz. But hell the minis are fantastic, overall half the cost of GW, and the rule book was $12 bucks from my FLGS. I am sure that I will eventually find someone to play

I agree that the system looks like a lot of fun. I am just starting to read the rule book, but so far it looks good.
what the guy around here did was pick up two crews and gave demos to anyone who wanted to play. it is a slow process but each starter is an effective crew almost by itself. there are a few exceptions in the guild and neverborn i believe. a great way to sell the game is tell them they can play jack the ripper and his undead hookers as a crew.
i believe a direct quote from the book is that any problem can be solved by throwing dead prostitutes at it.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:39 PM

Quase's Flag is: Belgium

From experience here in Belgium,

Those who start playing, don't stop playing (myself included)
There's just sooo much nastyness you can pull off, and this gamer really isn't over until it's over
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-12, 07:30 AM

Cambrius's Flag is: USA

Quote:

I was introduced to Malifaux last summer, and was really impressed. Each of the supplementary rulebooks - there are two more at the moment - introduce new facets to the game, which aren't complicated and add some fresh strategies. On top of that, they're chock full of short stories based around the very characters you play on the table. The characters themselves are a whole lot of fun; guaranteed there's two or three with whom you'll identify and need to collect.

Another bonus: the crews are pre-organised with minimal supplementing required, and most can be bought, ready to go for about $40. A single foam tray will carry about three full crews...as opposed to just your troops choice.

The Wyrd forums are pretty active and the actual fluff writers are frequently online and posting. It's great how available the creative writers are.

The only drawback I've found is that, because Malifaux is so explosively popular, the online store is frequently out of stock. This is largely due to the fact that it's a still a burgeoning company and they can barely keep up with the demand from FLGS's.

Check out my homebrew projects! Index Astartes: Arkangels Sourcebook: Persica
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-12, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambrius View Post
I was introduced to Malifaux last summer, and was really impressed. Each of the supplementary rulebooks - there are two more at the moment - introduce new facets to the game, which aren't complicated and add some fresh strategies. On top of that, they're chock full of short stories based around the very characters you play on the table. The characters themselves are a whole lot of fun; guaranteed there's two or three with whom you'll identify and need to collect.

Another bonus: the crews are pre-organised with minimal supplementing required, and most can be bought, ready to go for about $40. A single foam tray will carry about three full crews...as opposed to just your troops choice.

The Wyrd forums are pretty active and the actual fluff writers are frequently online and posting. It's great how available the creative writers are.

The only drawback I've found is that, because Malifaux is so explosively popular, the online store is frequently out of stock. This is largely due to the fact that it's a still a burgeoning company and they can barely keep up with the demand from FLGS's.
I recently signed up for the Wyrd Forum and from my initial perusal seems like a great community. I am pretty stoked to start into it to be honest and I am going to do my best to find a group of players in my area.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 01:52 PM

Cambrius's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I recently signed up for the Wyrd Forum and from my initial perusal seems like a great community. I am pretty stoked to start into it to be honest and I am going to do my best to find a group of players in my area.
I will keep an eye out for you. There, as here, I go by Cambrius.

Check out my homebrew projects! Index Astartes: Arkangels Sourcebook: Persica

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Malifaux

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode