3000pts Saurus Heavy Lizardmen - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Default 3000pts Saurus Heavy Lizardmen

Hi All

Heres my potential 3000pt army list.

I know im going to get slated for using the COC but ive got the models around so might aswell use them

Lords
Slann, BSB, Cupped Hands
X4 Ancient Disciplines - Focused Rumination, Focus of Mystery (Life) Higher State of Conscious & Becalming Cognition

Lords = 495pts

Hero’s
Saurus Scar Veteran, Blade of Tzunki , Dragon Helm, Light Armour, Shield = 143pts
Skink Priest Lvl 1, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Protection – 105pts
(Lore of Heaven)

Hero‘s = 273pts

Core
35 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard, Sun Standard of Chotec – 478pts (6x6)
36 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard – 450pts (6x6)

10 Skirmish Skinks - 70pts
10 Skirmish Skinks - 70pts

Core = 1068pts

Special
20 Temple Guard & Standard & Musician & Champion, Banner of Eternal Flame– 365pts (6x4)
X6 Cold One & Musician & Standard – 240pts (6x1)
X10 Chameleon Skinks – 120pts
X10 Chameleon Skinks - 120pts

Special Total = 845pts

Rare
x4 Salamander, x4 Extra Handlers – (x2 Salamander Units)

Rare Total = 320pts

Grand Total = 3001pts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 10:59 PM

Muffinman's Flag is: Canada

Ok first off your regular Saurus cannot take a magical banner. Now I'll start with your slaan I'd reccomend getting rid of Higher State of Conciousness because hes already protected by a unit of 20 Temple Gaurd and unless you have a catastrophic miscast that should suffice and also brings me to my next point. With the points from HSoC you can get Soul of Stone which will protect you from the times you roll that 2-4.

Your heros look fairly good to me, my only recomendation would be to make him a level 2 if you could find the points.

For Core and special you have to get rid of the banner on your Saurus and use the points to buy more saurus. Also splitting your units into 3 units of 24 will work better than 2 big units, at least in my experience. Skink Skirmishers are decen but you'd probably do better if you got rid of them and bought more Cold One Cavalry because now a unit of 6 just wont cut it because now you cant rely on breaking them on the charge with the new steadfast rule. The Chameleon Skinks are good but if you find they aren;t working replacing them with some Terradon riders will work. The Salamanders are golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Go cheese his words are Gouda.
5th Edition Blood Angels: 20/6/16
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 01:08 PM

coke123's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by daismith906 View Post

Saurus Scar Veteran, Blade of Tzunki , Dragon Helm, Light Armour, Shield = 143pts
How are you doing this? Scar Vets have a 50pt magic item limit, the blade of Tzunki is 65 by itself. A nice option here is the sword of the Hornet- Always Strikes First means much more now that you don't strike first on th charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
With the points from HSoC you can get Soul of Stone which will protect you from the times you roll that 2-4.
Why Soul of Stone? He's already got the Cupped Hands, and takes Lore of Life, and knows all spells. just cast Throne of Vines and you've got an instant 2+ save against miscasts, as well as bonuses to all your Life Spells.
Either stick with HSoC, or Maybe give him Harrowing Scrutiny, making them terror causing (not as good as it used to be, but still nice), or just save your points for more cold ones.

Otherwise I agree with Muffinman, except about splitting up the Saurus- I use Saurus Hordes and they are magnificent, Lots of attacks and the option for reforming and going ultra steadfast whilst you bring your cavalry to the fight. I assume the Skirmish Skinks are screens, rather unnecessary when taking Lore of Life (Throne of Vines+Flesh to Stone or Earth Blood=T8 or 4+ Regen Saurus XD) and other jobs for them can be done by the Chameleons much more efficiently. Take these points and put them into the cold ones. Chameleon Skinks can basically perform the same function as Terradons (war machine hunters), except I reckon Terradons are simpler to use now that they can charge from behind their own units (True LoS FTW!), and they can make a halfway decent Flank charge to support your Saurus. Definitely more cold ones. also consider the Jaguar Standard- makes it much easier to run enemies down. Otherwise a nice, solid list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
The Salamanders are golden.
Did you know that the word 'salamander' in the Lizardmen language roughly translates as "Just like Jesus, except he's an angry, fiery acid breathing, amphibious Lizard"?

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad."

Also known as BaselessElm

Last edited by coke123; 09-05-10 at 01:15 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 01:14 PM

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd drop lore of life for lore of light with that many saurus.

WS 10, Initiative 10, ASF saurus are scary as hell and turn the rather useless cavalry into the hard hitting unit it should be.

I agree with dropping HSoC if you're using Temple Guard. It's never going to come into use. I'd maybe take the magic res gift or item. This gives you a nice fat 2+ ward vs sniping spels and the TG get a 4+ ward against anything else.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 05:25 PM

I'll agree with coke123 about Soul of Stone, if you're taking Lore of Life no need for it, just keep casting throne of vines, give him the one that gives Magic Resistance. I personally don't like Saurus hordes because they are very hard to manuver, when they are 6x4 they dish out alot of attacks (18 with HWS and 25 with spears) and are easy to manuver. If you do decide to go with the 2 horde units I'd recomend putting them on either side of your temple gaurd and switch to Lore of Light, you will have a Saurus Battleline that gives you ws10, i10, asf and +1 attack saurus, very deadly in the games I've had so far but I've ran two blocks of 24 saurus and a block of 20 temple gaurd.

Quote:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Ive altered my list to make it more flexiable & legal

Ive left the COC in as i like the models and have got them anyway

Lords
Slann, BSB, Cupped Hands
X3 Ancient Disciplines - Focused Rumination, Focus of Mystery (Life) & Becalming Cognition

Lords = 445pts

Hero’s
Saurus Scar Veteran, Burning Blade of Chotec, Dragon Helm, Iron Curse Icon, Light Armour, Shield = 128pts

Hero‘s = 128pts

Core
23 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard – 294pts (6x4)
24 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard, Champion – 318pts (6x4)
24 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard, Champion – 318pts (6x4)

10 Skirmish Skinks – 70pts
10 Skirmish Skinks – 70pts x2 (5x2)

Core = 1070pts

Special
20 Temple Guard & Standard & Musician, Champion,Banner of Eternal Flame – 365pts (6x4)
X8 Chameleon Skinks – 96pts (4x2)
X8 Chameleon Skinks – 96pts (4x2)
X6 Cold One Cavalry, Musician, Standard – 240pts (6x1)
X1 Stegadon – 235pts

Special Total = 1032pts

Rare
x4 Salamander, x4 Extra Handlers (x2 Salamander Units)

Rare Total = 320pts

Grand Total = 2995pts
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-10, 12:17 AM

personally i find razadorns more reliable than salamanders as they get to stand and shoot aswell as shooting in the shooting phase
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-10, 12:07 PM

Their stand and shoot is particularly good as they get to roll the artillery die twice for the stand and shoot (I believe).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-10, 01:29 PM

I prefer Salamanders over razordon because of the way templates work now. Also Salamanders are even good at taking on blocks of fairly tough troops because of the -3 they have to armour saves. I'd always take at least 3 salamanders and then put in Razordons after.

Quote:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-10, 06:46 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

You need to sort that Hero out. It's got like 75pts of Magic Items - only Dwarf Thanes are allowed that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Lizardmen Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode