2500 Lizardmen Anti-Dwarf list - Feedback wanted - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Creon's Flag is: USA

Default 2500 Lizardmen Anti-Dwarf list - Feedback wanted

Army Name: Oaxa'Tun's Raiding Force

Special Notes
- I am purposefully NOT using Stegadons in this.

LORDS

Lord: Saurus Oldblood Oaxa'tun: (255 Pts)
- General; Light Armour,Horned One, Glyph Necklace, Burning Blade of Chotec, Enchanted Shield

HEROES

Hero 1: Saurus Scar-Veteran: (185 pts)
- Light Armour; Battle Standard, Sword of Might, The Maiming Shield, Cold One

Hero 2: Saurus Scar-Veteran: (160 pts)
- Light Armour; Piranha Blade, Talisman of Protection, Cold One

Hero 3: Saurus Scar-Veteran: (147 pts)
- Halberd; Light Armour; Shield, Venom of Firefly Frog, Aura of Quetzl.

CORE

Core 1: 19 Saurus Warriors: (258 pts)
- Full Command, Spear, Shield

Core 2: 10 Saurus Warriors: (140 pts)
- Full Command, Shield

Core 3: 12 Skink Skirmishers: (84 pts)
- Blowpipe

Core 4: 12 Skink Skirmishers: (84 pts)
- Blowpipe

Core 5: 5 Jungle Swarms: (225 pts)
- none

SPECIAL

Special 1: 3 Kroxigors: (165 pts)
- N/A

Special 2: 5 Cold One Cavalry: (265 pts)
- Spear; Shield; Full Command; Sun Standard of Chotec

Special 3: 5 Cold One Cavalry: (215 pts)
- Spear; Shield; Standard, Champion

RARE

Rare 1: 2 Razordon Hunting Packs: (160 pts)
- +2 skink Handlers

Rare 2: 2 Salamander Hunting Packs: (155 pts)
- +1 skink Handlers

Army Total: (2498)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 11:56 PM

Alrighty, let's take a whack at this thing.

First off, your BSB can't have any other magic gear. Thems the breaks, but keep the man on that cold one for the +2 AS and mobility. The Lord/heroes look pretty good, though the Scar-Vet with Venom of the Firefly Frog might be a bit better with an additional hand weapon than +1 Str.

2nd bit is to definitely bump those Saurus blocks up to 20. Gotta remember that Dwarf gun lines will eat through troopers, so having numbers on your side for when they punch through will be handy. Your call on where you pull points from. Though you can drop the champs and get an extra Saurus from that alone.

Next up is the 3 lizard squad of Kroxigors. Without skinks to help soak up fire, these guys have a good likelihood of drawing fire and getting toasted pretty early on. I'd vote to either drop 'em, or take a page outta Vaz's book and get a squad of 16 skinks with 2 Kroxigors.

Moving to your Cold Ones, I'd suggest dropping the champs (again, points involved for +1 attack at a bit much), and possibly dropping one squad entirely. Could switch them over to a unit of 7 Terradons for about the same cost as the 215 squad. They'll have enough wounds and maneuverability to get into the back ranks quickly to cause havoc on any gun crews. And move the Sun Standard over to the BSB. 5 Cold Ones don't need that nearly as badly as a mass of Saurus's do. Or you could lump the Cold Ones to one squad, making the Sun Standard a worthwhile choice.

Lastly, your rares. Figure out a way to get that 3rd Salamander and Razordon. These guys will save your ass! Against gun lines or heavy armored Dwarves though, the Razordon may be a lackluster choice. Switching over to a full 6 Salamanders may be a very good idea in the end.

My 2 bits on this list, hope it gives you some more ideas.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 12:31 AM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cougar View Post
First off, your BSB can't have any other magic gear. Thems the breaks, but keep the man on that cold one for the +2 AS and mobility. The Lord/heroes look pretty good, though the Scar-Vet with Venom of the Firefly Frog might be a bit better with an additional hand weapon than +1 Str.And move the Sun Standard over to the BSB.
This only holds true if he moves the standard to the BSB. A BSB can buy normal weapons and magical items for his points instead of magical banners if he wants to. If he do buy a magic banner then your comment holds true but he didn't

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cougar View Post
Alrighty, let's take a whack at this thing.

First off, your BSB can't have any other magic gear. Thems the breaks, but keep the man on that cold one for the +2 AS and mobility. The Lord/heroes look pretty good, though the Scar-Vet with Venom of the Firefly Frog might be a bit better with an additional hand weapon than +1 Str.

2nd bit is to definitely bump those Saurus blocks up to 20. Gotta remember that Dwarf gun lines will eat through troopers, so having numbers on your side for when they punch through will be handy. Your call on where you pull points from. Though you can drop the champs and get an extra Saurus from that alone.

Next up is the 3 lizard squad of Kroxigors. Without skinks to help soak up fire, these guys have a good likelihood of drawing fire and getting toasted pretty early on. I'd vote to either drop 'em, or take a page outta Vaz's book and get a squad of 16 skinks with 2 Kroxigors.

Moving to your Cold Ones, I'd suggest dropping the champs (again, points involved for +1 attack at a bit much), and possibly dropping one squad entirely. Could switch them over to a unit of 7 Terradons for about the same cost as the 215 squad. They'll have enough wounds and maneuverability to get into the back ranks quickly to cause havoc on any gun crews. And move the Sun Standard over to the BSB. 5 Cold Ones don't need that nearly as badly as a mass of Saurus's do. Or you could lump the Cold Ones to one squad, making the Sun Standard a worthwhile choice.

Lastly, your rares. Figure out a way to get that 3rd Salamander and Razordon. These guys will save your ass! Against gun lines or heavy armored Dwarves though, the Razordon may be a lackluster choice. Switching over to a full 6 Salamanders may be a very good idea in the end.

My 2 bits on this list, hope it gives you some more ideas.
Some good Points, I'll deal with how I'm thinking bout them right now. The Krox are out there TO attract and absorb fire. I want to give my opponent a choice between the Krox and the Cold ones. I do not mind losing something if it forces my opponent to do what I want him to. I may push the cold one riders into one group, I'm still on the fence about that.

The Saurus Block is at 20. It's designed to have the 20th Saurus be the Frog Veteran. The second is not at 20 because I don't have more than 12 of them painted yet. Limits of time and space. And No terradons for the same reason - don't have any ready. Otoh, I have played with the 2nd small saurus unit, and have had good success with it as a harrassing unit.

The Razordons are actually there to draw my opponent's fire. Again, I don't think he'll be comfortable with them marching at his gunline, and that will protect the Salamanders as they jockey for position. I'm still learning on these units, I do appreciate the commentary on that.

I've said other places I like having champions, it gives me a flexibility I'm comfortable with.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 08:16 AM
Darktheos's Flag is: USA

I played my Dwarves vs my Friends Lizards and we stayed in combat from bottom of turn2 to the botom of turn 6. I soaked his damage and barley damaged in return. I played block dwarves though not gunline. I know if you wound with - to armor save from sallie is probably the beter choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
*Keep the pimp hand strong brotha*
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktheos View Post
I played my Dwarves vs my Friends Lizards and we stayed in combat from bottom of turn2 to the botom of turn 6. I soaked his damage and barley damaged in return. I played block dwarves though not gunline. I know if you wound with - to armor save from sallie is probably the beter choice.
Yes, the Razordons and the Kroxigors are designed to distract him from killing my sallies until they can get in position to do a lot of firey destruction.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 10:22 PM

list looks good to me, and having lots of saurus should give you lots of cc power, especially with the old blood and scar vets. The cav are good, but expensive. id stick with 2 smaller units over 1 large. infact 7 is a good number for maximum frontage and being able to take a cas before reaching the enemy line.

With lots of skink skirmishers you shouldn't really have to worry about the sallies too much, so i recon the 2nd unit of those would be better, but not essential. and KROX rock, so stick with em

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 11:05 PM

Thank you for the correction Maiden. I near constantly forget about that little sentence in there. I'm personally a big fan of taking a War Banner on the BSB with an additional hand weapon and having him go and wreak things. Funny when you see a lone lizard wade through units at least 20 strong.

How have the swarms fair for you so far anyway?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 08:07 PM

The Herald of Discord's Flag is: Malta

As a dwarf player I must echo the ide of having a flying cav unit plus you'll need skinks to soak stuff up, cause dwarves get good shooting.

Its going to be tough because the one thing about dwarves is that they cost a lot of points. In a 2500 pt army, you are going to have to contend with some pretty hard hitting units. Outmaneuver him at all costs.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Herald of Discord View Post
As a dwarf player I must echo the ide of having a flying cav unit plus you'll need skinks to soak stuff up, cause dwarves get good shooting.

Its going to be tough because the one thing about dwarves is that they cost a lot of points. In a 2500 pt army, you are going to have to contend with some pretty hard hitting units. Outmaneuver him at all costs.

I had a benefit for knowing what sort of player I was facing. I managed to get him on a flat with no hills. My skinks formed a blocking line with my swarms, and everything moved up behind it. I agree Terradons would have been very effective at taking out his crews had I had them, and they did a lot of damage before the cold ones ran them down last of all. the cold Hammer took care of most of his army, though, and I pulled a decent victory. Despite having no salamander luck at all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Lizardmen Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode