1000 Point Lizardmen 7th Ed. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Default 1000 Point Lizardmen 7th Ed.

Been toying with a few ideas in my army. This is currently how my most recent list works, which I was pretty happy with all things considered.

Army Name: (insert awesome name here)

HEROES

Hero 1: Skink Priest lvl 2: 125
- Blood Statuette of Spite

Hero 2: Skink Priest lvl 1: 115
- Rod of Storms
- Dispel Scroll

Hero 3: Scar-Veteran: 143
- Light Armor
- Shield
- Sword of Striking
- Charm of the Jaguar

CORE

Core 1: x15 Saurus Warriors: 183
- Standard Bearer
- Musician

Core 2: x15 Saurus Warriors: 177
- Standard Bearer

Core 3: x12 Skink Skirmishers: 84

SPECIAL

Special 1: x5 Cold One Riders: 175

Army Total: 1002

Group I play with has a 5 point buffer that you can go over, so that should explain why it's over 1000 instead of under.

Any suggestions/tips? The Scar-Vet at the moment is a little unproven, but I feel he has much potential. Been thinking of dropping one of the priests, considering Lore of Heaven hasn't proven to be terribly helpful, but I may instead just make them both lvl 1 wizards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 10:02 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Charm of the Jaguar warrior has taken a nerf. It's a Bound Steed of Shadows spell, nothing major, and it's rare that the Lore of Heavens has a Reliable spell that you MUST get off to use it as a Dispel Draw, or force your enemy to make a choice between the two, so it's likely that the Nike Saurus will be less useful.

Instead of Going for 15 Saurus, go for 14 with Spears. You get 28 attacks in ranks of 7 that way.

I'm still not sold on the Cold One Cavalry - yes, the have 2 attacks, but they are Stupid, (Ld8 Cold Blooded Yadayada, but still stupid), but they have low WS, and low strength (should be either constant Str 5, or Str 6 on the Charge), but they don't have the hitting power. They have an extra point of save for no addition cost, but they're still pretty poo.

I'd change these for the new Terradons - D3 Str 4 Hits are pretty good.

I'd also suggest dropping the Rod of the Storms for a second Dispel Scroll.

Otherwise, it's pretty good.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

I do agree with the Jaguar Charm being less useful. It's great as a surprise the first time I pulled it, but once they took out the other spell casters, it felt like I was just using it to hope they'd roll snake eyes on the dispel attempt.

I've considered an idea like that with the Saurus. Has equal ups and downs. Will probably try it out in the next fight.

Cold Ones are around for a fast moving powerhouse unit. I am curious as to how Terradons would handle, but they seem a bit too fragile for my liking if faced against a gun/bow line of any kind. Again, a play test will probably be happening sometime soon.

I just really like the Rod of Storms. Granted yes, it's a one-shot wonder, but it's proven useful against WoC and warmachine crews. That and with the exception of the DE player in my group, not much really happens in the magic phase to warrant a 2nd Dispel scroll.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Lizardmen Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode