2250 Lizardmen - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-08, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Default 2250 Lizardmen

2255 Pts - Lizardmen Roster - Unnamed

1 Saurus Oldblood 283 Pts
General; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Blessed Spawning of Sotek; Blessed Spawning of Tzunki; Scaly Skin
1 The Blade of Realities
1 The Maiming Shield
1 Aura of Quetzl

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran 152 Pts
Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Scaly Skin
1 Sword of Battle
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Talisman of Protection

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran 152 Pts
Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Scaly Skin
1 Sword of the Hornet
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Talisman of Protection

23 Saurus Warriors 396 Pts
Musician; Standard Bearer; Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Scaly Skin
1 Spawning Champion
Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield

Musician; Standard Bearer ; Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Scaly Skin
1 Spawning Champion

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Scaly Skin
1 Spawning Champion

19 Skink Skirmishers 119 Pts
Hand Weapon; Javelin & Shield; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Aquatic; Skirmishers

19 Skink Skirmishers 119 Pts
Hand Weapon; Javelin & Shield; Blessed Spawning of Quetzl; Aquatic; Skirmishers

1 Stegadon 235 Pts
Giant Bow; Causes Terror; Immune to Panic; Large Target; Scaly Skin; Stubborn
5 Skink Crew
Hand Weapon; Javelin; Aquatic; Skirmishers

Total Roster Cost: 2248

This is the army I normally run. I haven't had a chance to play in 7th Ed yet sadly, but it did reasonably well in 6th Ed. Would it still do pretty well in 7th Ed also? I think it will, but not sure as to some of the new rules changes. Can't really know for sure until you play a game I know, but what do you think?

Obviously the Saurus Lord and Heroes go into the Saurus units. The skinks run a screen in front or pick off the smaller enemy units, just generally harass the enemy army. And the Stegadon just plods along eating leaves and shooting his giant ass crossbow.

Last edited by Grik; 12-31-08 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-08, 07:12 PM

Jabby's Flag is: USA

As always your lists are giant blocks! As long as you can get there you dominate.

However maybe you'd do for a bit of fast cav or fliers? something that will tie up shooters while you do the long march.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
have you read any existing fluff? Really; don't mean to be rude, but have you?

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8717&dateline=1231463  458
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-08, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
As always your lists are giant blocks! As long as you can get there you dominate.

However maybe you'd do for a bit of fast cav or fliers? something that will tie up shooters while you do the long march.
Sadly as you well know, I don't have any of those. Damn your Empire Pistoliers! The 3 Terradons and 5 Saurus Cavalry I do have aren't enough.
I do plan to pick up some more Terradons and Saurus Calvary so I can field them though. I really would like to see what a unit of 10 Saurus Calvary can do on a charge.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-08, 07:23 PM

Jabby's Flag is: USA

Maybe thats why I've always thought of gunlines as friendly. Unless i severly soften your list before CC, I always get rocked. I mean Empire Serfs just weren't designed for that! I didn't come to Lustria to pick a fight, I just want you to share your gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
have you read any existing fluff? Really; don't mean to be rude, but have you?

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8717&dateline=1231463  458
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-08, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Maybe thats why I've always thought of gunlines as friendly. Unless i severly soften your list before CC, I always get rocked. I mean Empire Serfs just weren't designed for that! I didn't come to Lustria to pick a fight, I just want you to share your gold.

Umm you picked a fight when you came over on your ships and looted and plundered my temples. There's a difference between trade and you ripping plaques off my temple walls in the middle of the night. You get what you deserve when you mess with us. You taste pretty good too, especially raw.

Last edited by Grik; 12-31-08 at 08:24 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 12:03 PM

You have to get rid of some of the spawnings. Right now you have all special and no core because if u put spawnings on they become rare or special. Use the points to get a skink priest so u have some magic
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 12:33 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Go Death Company!
I assume this is a quetzl spawning list so it is valid with the spawnings that are there.

@Grik

You do know there is a new lizardmen book coming out in a month or so right?

The list looks pretty solid. Only issue you might have is with shooting armies or magic armies. Other option might be you might have issues protecting your flank (depends on the table size you play on).

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-09, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianavatar View Post
I assume this is a quetzl spawning list so it is valid with the spawnings that are there.

@Grik

You do know there is a new lizardmen book coming out in a month or so right?

The list looks pretty solid. Only issue you might have is with shooting armies or magic armies. Other option might be you might have issues protecting your flank (depends on the table size you play on).
Yes it is a Quetzl Spawning Army. And yes I know of the new book coming out, so it sadly makes this null and void. However when I first posted this list up, it was still rumor, then about a day or so later I saw it was confirmed. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Lizardmen Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode