Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

First Attempt at Lizardmen List 2000pts

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  shelman 
#1 ·
Hi guys, my book finally arrived in the post today so decided to make a first attempt at a list. I've had no experience with Lizards ever so bare with me if I make a bindingly obvious mistake!!

Straight to it:

Lords

Slann Mage Priest - Wandering Deliberations, Harmonic Convergence, Channelling Staff, BSB - 400pts

Heroes

Skink Priest - Cube of Darkness - 95pts

Skink Priest - Dispel Scroll - 90pts

Core

24 Saurus Warriors - Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer - 284pts

Skink Cohort - 10 Skinks, 1 Kroxigor, Musician - 110pts

Skink Cohort - 10 Skinks, 1 Kroxigor, Musician - 110pts

Special

20 Temple Guard - Command Group, Jaguar Standard - 360pts

3 Ripperdactyl Riders - 120pts

Bastiladon - Solar Engine - 150pts

Rare

Ancient Stegadon - Engine of the Gods - 280pts

Comes to 1999pts, but please feel free to check!!

My initial thoughts on strategy is to use the Saurus and Temple Guard as the core of the army keeping both monsters nearby for the extra buffs they give. Then let the Cohorts take either flank with a Priest in each to extend the range of the Slann's powers. LOVE the idea of two 'Dispel Scrolls'!!

Quite happy with the Slann load out too. Should be able to get out loads of power dice with the extra Channelling Staff/Harmonic Convergence combo. Not sure about the Wandering Deliberations discipline yet, as with the Solar Engine and Engine of the Gods, I have a lot of bound spells that need casting too.

So let me know what you think.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your is very similar to mine. Using the channeling combo works really well. Do you switch out high magic for light?

The bound spell on the solar engine is actually a really good choice if you always use one die to cast it. That way ot forces your opponent to either use two dice or risk using one and 99% of the time they will use their level 4 to dispel it. If they roll a 1 or 2 then their level 4 cant dispel that turn. Then cast on your slann after the solar has fired.

I run more saurus in my list. Other than that i wouldnt change anything.

#3 ·
I did good then!!

Don't really want to have more Saurus as the list is not really for competitive purposes. I like having variety so it's good to look at!

I'm using Wandering Deliberations on him. Not sure if it's worth it or not yet. It seems really good as you get the variety of Lore Attributes along with all the spells. But maybe it's worth taking it out for Focus of Mastery (although the High Magic spells don't excite me that much) or an Obsidian Amulet or something to boost magic resistance.

#4 ·
Having all of the sig spells is really good. Lots of easy spells to cast and you dont need to risk those big spells that can blow your slann up.

I personally switch out to lore of light just before i know im going to be in combat. Then i go for the ws10 ini10 spell and +1 atk ASF spell and they arnt to hard to get if you manage to switch out 4-5 spells in the previous turn. That turns the tide of combat massively.

Also, if you take focus mastery, you can always just switch out for all of the sig spells anyways....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.