Battle Missions Kill Team - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-10, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Has Dain Brammage

LostIsland's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Battle Missions Kill Team

hey guys, was thinking of doing a GK Kill Team based off the new rules released in the Battle Missions (i got them by looking at the preview book in my FLGS).
so without further ado, here it is.

5man PAGK squad (troops) broken down as follows:

Justicar w/Storm Bolter, NFW, FNP
PAGK w/Psycannon, Slow and Purposeful
PAGK w/Psycannon, Relentless
2x PAGK w/Storm Bolter, NFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji
shoving your knackers in a jarful of hyperactive scorpions can also be done, quite frankly I fancy neither.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPug
Clarification: If you are female with boobs - congrats you've won. If you are a male with boobs - not so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-10, 08:10 PM

BHound1981's Flag is: USA

Nice selection. 200 Points dead even and the option to take them as troops OR fast attack depending on whether or not you deep strike them. Very versatile - I like that.

The only downside is that someone only needs to pop 3 of your Grey Knights for you to lose. Now they do have power armor so they get a good save throw, but take a look at the following...

As an example, if you go up against someone decked out on say 12 Space Marine Scouts with bolters, and one with a heavy bolter you may have some problems. That's 199 points and potentially 27 shots per turn coming your way if they rapid fire. That's statistically about 7 wounds and after save throws you'll probably lose 2 per turn, leaving you thin for victory conditions. Now yes, you do have your special abilities like FNP, etc. and your psycannons will eat through their armor as if it were not there, but you've got to take out 6 of his guys to achieve victory.

I still like your list, but small points games can be tricky sometimes in getting the right balance of numbers to strength of warriors. With Grey Knights, you either build it exactly like you have it, or replace your psycannons with more knights for increased survivability. I don't really see any other way to field them.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. Of course as always, it all comes down to die rolls!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 05:22 AM

OldHat's Flag is: USA

Take a gander at my list. The only change I would make to my GKs would be infiltrate on the Incinerator. You need to have a way of negating cover, or else stuff with a 3+ save will give you a headache (or worse, Pathfinders, et al).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Kill Teams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode