What is a Kill Team - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 05:02 AM
Has Dain Brammage

LostIsland's Flag is: New Zealand

with the new rules, it is killteam vs killteam rather than having "boss mobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji
shoving your knackers in a jarful of hyperactive scorpions can also be done, quite frankly I fancy neither.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPug
Clarification: If you are female with boobs - congrats you've won. If you are a male with boobs - not so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 08:56 PM

Pedro_Kantor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Kill-Team

Well by the looks of it right now, It looks like its Kill-team vs Kill-team instead of the brutes. But i am sure that brutes could be worked into, I don't see any problem with that.Its all for a bit of good fun
All the best, and Take it easy
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-10, 09:49 PM

So... they merged killteams with combat patrols. Lord knows having one more generic gametype is so much better than two fairly cool gametypes?

Was the pdf updated for 5th at all, or was it just a reprint of what was in the 4th ed BGB? If it was is it still up? I'm not going to play the new killteams when the existing killteam rules are so close to being perfect.

edit: Oh, sorry, excuse me. They merged the two and removed any and call rules that made the gametype work better/ballanced things. Freaking geniuses, them.

I'll just keep playing the 4th ed version. Call me crazy, but I'd rather life didn't suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!

Last edited by Cyklown; 03-10-10 at 07:06 PM.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-10, 11:50 PM

Cato Sicarius's Flag is: United Kingdom

The new version is useless. Unless you have a Spartan list you can't make a 200 point army and have a game that lasts more than 2 turns i.e. each list will be at max 2 squads (and that's pushing it). Heck, give me a HQ choice that is viable and costs less than 90 points in Kill Teams. Personally, I'd make it 400 points per army, and remove that stupid 50% Run Away rule. Really, you might as well play a 40K in 40 minutes game; it'd be more fun.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-10, 12:57 AM

I know, right?

40k/40mins is still fairly sweet. If you're ever thinking "hey I should be playing..." then just go do that instead.

See, it's strange, because I promised I'd shut the hell up, but... He see's it! He's agreeing with me! I promise I'll (mostly) stfu and be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-10, 01:21 AM

Blind's Flag is: USA

Cyclown: chronic liar, tends to speak when not involved or after making false promises, can be found lurking throughout 40K forums. ;)

Kill teams are a great way to have fun in a "short time" for 40K atleast. Pretty much the first game to play too, Im just getting started and just 200 points of units is alot easier to get into.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 05:00 PM
ScooterinAB's Flag is: Canada

I'm a little excited about new kill team rules. However, I'm not as excited to hear that they changed a lot. I'm a fan of a movie-esque group of protagonists, unbalanced as they may be, doing some kind of hit against a group of mooks. I prefer the idea of "if it is cool, do it" rather than trying to balance everything. As was stated in the original kill team rules, the thing isn't meant to be fair; it was supposed to be fun.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what is actually there for myself before I judge anything. I'm sure the new rules will be fun for what they are, whether or not they are a true kill team.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Kill Teams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode