Marines Killteam

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DannyXXIV 
#1 ·
Im making a Marines killteam
sargant (from a devastor squad)
marine with a hevy bolter
3x marine with bolter
scout sargant, power fist and a sniper

im taking the sargant from a devastor squad because he then gets a signum for free :laugh:

what do you think? how good do you recon it'll be?

#2 ·
Sounds solid, but I find the only way to get a feel for how your Kill Team will preform is to just play. Kill Team is a different system of rules from vanilla 40k, so what works well in 40k may not work so well in Kill Team, obviously.

That having been said, I never make a Team without at least one sniper.

#6 ·
Yeah...the heavy bolter limits mobility. Killteams are all about being short, sweet, and to the point. Also you don't want the enemy piling up on klaxons because then you'll get swamped rather quickly.

#7 ·
yeh, but i like the ability to mow down enemy squads, i tend to fight guard with my kill team :), wounding on a 2+ no save goodness.

#8 ·
having said that i never saw the rules, or know anything about killteams
im seeing it as you pick random units out of codices, and form a unit.

A Gray Knight Psybolter guy?
Same powers as a normal HB guy, exept that you can use it as a assault weapon, excluding the shorter range.
Just proxy it as your elite devestator guy :p
(dont maim me if i said something incredibly stupid)

#9 ·
well there's the mission where you have to do a final stand isn't there? we play that 1/2 of the time, just because we play another mission, and then that one, as the team has been found out, so basicly it however many brutes can be killed as possible.

#11 ·
Just a quick question with regards to kill teams, i dont know if this is a good place to post this if not i apologise. I just want to know how you work out how much a single marine will cost if taken from a separate codex entry in the space marine codex as it gives points values for a squad of 5 first. Do yo have to use the points value for the extra troops and if so how do you work out the points for the sgt.
Thanks all in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.