Chaos space marine Kill team tournament INCOMING - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-12, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Default Chaos space marine Kill team tournament INCOMING

so a kill team tournament is coming and i need help on which kill team i should use? Also what i could change in some of the list.

6x noise marines: 200 points
5x sonic blasters, blastmaster, champion

5x chosen: 200 points
3x plasma guns, Chaos glory, rhino w/ havoc launcher, dozer blade

6x Terminators: 200 points
MoS, combi-melta

6x plague marines: 198 points
2x melta gun, rhino w/ T-L bolter

2x Chaos dreadnoughts: 200 points
2x multi-meltas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-12, 11:17 PM

CPT Killjoy's Flag is: USA

Honestly, I think you should go with the noise marines. I haven’t played them before myself, but I think they would be a good solid choice for this type of game. Reasons for this are:

2x Chaos Dreads - While I love Chaos Dreads, it's not because they are terribly effective. They are great fun in a regular game, but if it's a tournament, I would look else ware to something more reliable.

6x Terminators - Not a bad choice, but I would probably drop it down to 5 and kit them out a bit better if you went this route. My big problem here is that in general, Standard SM's have better Terminators then we do. Plus, should you come up against DE, your armor isn't going to help you at all.

5x Chosen - Effective, but I think the noise marines will serve you better. It really depends on the size of the board and the terrain though. If it's a larger board with less cover, you very well may be better off using a unit w/ a transport just because it can get them around easily, and provide some protection. I think that the Plague Marines would fulfill this role better though. That said……

6x Plague marines - I have nothing bad to say here except that this unit is the obvious choice. I would bet that most people would tell you to pick this set up. My argument is that, since everyone else would do this, you should probably step outside the box. HOWEVER, this is probably the most reliable choice overall, it’s just not very different. This brings me to...

6x Noise marines - While not the most popular, I think they would both provide you with a solid shot at winning, and be fun to play. Blastmaster is actually a very good weapon, and while I won't argue that noise marines are probably the "least effective" of the special troop units, I think that mainly applies to standard games were multiple units allow you to fulfill their role better. Because of the type of game you're playing, I really think that they will serve you well. If it were me, I would drop the unit down to 5 Noise marines, and give the Champ a power weapon and melta-bombs.

Just my two cents. Regardless of what you pick, Good Luck to you and bring one home for Chaos!

"In the game of chess, you must never let your opponent see your pieces."
-Captain Zapp Brannigan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Kill Teams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode