Ended Rifts Boardgame (WARNING) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Kickstarters Information on active Kickstarters can be found here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Loki1416

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-17, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Default Rifts Boardgame (WARNING)

KS Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me/description
Fund Goal: $100,000

Right up front, let me be clear: I am NOT posting this here in support of the project. I am posting it here to warn those who may not know what's going on. This project is "run" by Carmen Bellaire with collaboration by Kevin Siemba. For those who don't know, Kevin Siemba (Palladium) is the creator of Robotech RPG Tactics (RRT for short) and that KS is now 4yrs over due with zero evidence of trying to complete the project. It has been stated by Siemba that the Rifts project is NOT affiliated with Palladium in any way other than to approve/deny sculpts/art/rules/etc. However, Palladium is their main advertiser!
For those who are interested in looking up Carmen's comments on the RRT page will be in for a good laugh. But I'm too lazy to link the whole thing so will summarize it: Carmen came onto the RRT page to drum up support for Rifts. What happened is that he basically said that if his project funds, he will be in a position to help RRT finally complete. BUT, if it does not fund, then he hopes RRT burns to the ground. The exchange was about 2hrs long. After he got done with his blackmail and the RRT posters ripped him to shreds, he supposedly tried to commit suicide. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea. But we (the RRT backers) got an "update" from Palladium that we were all bad people and we drove Carmen to try to kill himself.
Here it is close to a month later, and he's "ok" and now trying to fund his project. We (you/me/us) are not stupid. We can all picture the stress that a KS project will put on a person. If this individual tried to kill himself after 2hrs of being bashed in a message board, how can he possibly be mentally fit enough to see the project through?
Any how. Everyone is free to do what they will with their own money. So back it if you want. But please do your due dilligence instead of just throwing money at your screen.
Haskanael likes this.

Last edited by Loki1416; 05-12-17 at 11:57 PM. Reason: KS Ended
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-17, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

The project creator cancelled the KS.
I've been the comments section and the KS updates. All I can say is that A. They were NOT prepared to run a KS and B. Cost/value was not even close tomeeting each other. (really? 30k stretch goal for a COLOR rulebook? morons)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Kickstarters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode