Ended Dice Coins: A completely new take on dice. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Kickstarters Information on active Kickstarters can be found here.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Old Man78
  • 1 Post By JM Ward 16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-16, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Default Dice Coins: A completely new take on dice.

photo uploading
free image hosting
image post

Dice Coins are a completely new take on dice. They work just as well as regular gaming dice but allow amazing artwork to be displayed on each one. They can also be used as stat counters and markers.
  • Designed to military challenge coin standards.
    Made from solid brass.
    Each coins weighs over 2 ounces.
    Coins are 2 inches (50.8 mm) in diameter.
    Epoxy coating protects the artwork.
    Plastic protective sleeve comes with each coin.
    Just as accurate as regular gaming dice.
    Dice Coins come in d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20

The common side of the coin has a knob molded into the metal. Players use one or two hands to spin the coin like a top. Once the coin is spinning at full speed (which just takes a second), the player puts their finger at the bottom of the coin and stops it.

The result is the number displayed in the first visible sector to the left of the player's finger. A sector is considered visible if you can completely see both of the sector lines surrounding the number. It is that simple.

Dice Coins is currently on kickstarter and you can see a video of the coins in action and learn more about their accuracy and other details. The link is below. Thank you for reading the post.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...687/dice-coins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-16, 11:55 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Cant see this being popular, I can role a handful of dice at once, having to spin a coin individualy multiple times seems like a ball ache
ntaw and ExaltedUrizen like this.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-16, 01:06 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Have you tried this kickstarter before? I swear I've seen this exact product around the internets.

I could see it maybe being used for DnD, but with anything GW related it would be a huge waste of time.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-16, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Yes. I had a kickstarter called Ultra Coins which was successful. For this project, I used the same artwork for the prototypes (since the artwork is the major expense I am raising funds). Only for the prototypes--because that would be cheap to use it for a different project. All of that is on the kickstarter. And yes, it definitely works better for some games then others.
ntaw likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-16, 02:54 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Knew I'd seen it before. I don't think I'd be able to back something with no idea whatsoever what options there were for a finished product but I wish you luck all the same.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Kickstarters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode