Ended Reaper Miniatures, Bones Kickstarter - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Kickstarters Information on active Kickstarters can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Default Reaper Miniatures, Bones Kickstarter

Update: They're now at over $1 million dollars, and the Vampire level deal has gotten farking insane! 190 really awesome models for $100, amazing and cheap options. Seriously, get on board this now, 4 days to go and then it's gone! Remember, downside is delievery isn't until March next year, upside is that you get pretty much every fantasy RPG model you could ever want. Get on board now, or miss out!

Update: They've got over $750,000 pledged now, and the additions to the deal keep on coming. 7 days to go. Mini cases for $25, Dragons and giants for $10, all sizes of beasties make it pretty amazing. There are more than are shown in the pictures here, go take a look!

It seems Reaper minis have jumped on the Kickstarter bandwagon in an effort to raise some money to shift more of their metal line over the their new "Bones" plastic line. They were looking for $30,000, and have now raised (checks site) $450,000 dollars, and they keep piling extra things into their deals.

Now, they have some basic levels, but the one that counts is the Vampire level - $100 plus postage ($25), which now has over 100 minis in it, and they keep on adding more as the total goes up.

Downside is that they haven't actually got the production facilities ready for these things yet, so you won't take delivery until March next year - a pretty long wait.

Up side is that you get enough RPG Heros, monsters, baddies and whatnot to play pretty much any fantasy RPG you feel like. Also, some good conversion opportunities for WFB.

Link: Reaper Kickstarter

Clockwork dragon - always wanted something like this for an IKRPG campaign

Fucking amazing undead dragon

Oh, and you see those giants and dragons and things going for $10 or so? Yeah, they aren't small at all.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 08-21-12 at 08:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:15 AM

davespil's Flag is: USA

Looks like a damn good deal. But what game are they for?

Have guns, will travel...
post #3 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:22 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Holy Fuck if i needed more models i would be buying those in a heart beat.

post #4 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:25 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Whatever game you like. Reaper seem to aim their minis at the rpg mini market. Minis for characters and encounters in dungeon crawl rpg's and the like. They do some cool stuff too. I want the Sophie model on the motorbike but i cannot seem to find it. I have a couple of the sophie models from a few years ago.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

Last edited by shaantitus; 08-14-12 at 05:02 AM.
post #5 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by davespil View Post
Looks like a damn good deal. But what game are they for?
Fantasy RPGs generally (D&D mostly), though there's quite a few things in there which would be great for Warhammer Fantasy (especially some of the big stuff), or other types of RPG. There's also some Chronoscope stuff in there which is a bit more futuristic.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #6 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:44 AM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Wow, I love Reaper minis but the metal has always turned me off. This is freakin awesome.
post #7 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 05:15 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Ho-lee shitsnacks...

If they make their last stretch goal I may just throw down...who doesn't want a cybernetic gorilla?

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #8 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 05:39 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Hmmm... $100 for 115 minis? I don't really need RPG minis at the moment, but I can't really thumb my nose at that offer, either.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #9 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 06:28 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I know. I haven't had a stable game of D&D in ages, and I've a lifetime of accumulated generic fantasy miniatures lying around.
My father owned a game store for fuck's sake. We had our pick of the old Ral Parthas when it closed down

But my inner bargain hunter just can't turn that aside.
Especially if they make their last goal and it becomes over 125 minis for $100...throw in a case to carry them all for an extra $25 maybe? Or else spend that $25 on 3 big meaty dragons...

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #10 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 06:36 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I know. I haven't had a stable game of D&D in ages, and I've a lifetime of accumulated generic fantasy miniatures lying around.
My father owned a game store for fuck's sake. We had our pick of the old Ral Parthas when it closed down

But my inner bargain hunter just can't turn that aside.
Especially if they make their last goal and it becomes over 125 minis for $100...throw in a case to carry them all for an extra $25 maybe? Or else spend that $25 on 3 big meaty dragons...
will you use the models? or are you just seeing a bargain? are they gonna gather dust?

thats how im looking at it, nice deal but to be honest i dont need them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Kickstarters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode