How to play Deathwing 7th Edition Tactica. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-15, 03:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
If I recall correctly DW could be a stand alone force since something like 2nd or 3rd edition and every edition forward except Now.
And guard had doctrines, space marines had traits, and tyranids custom biomorphs. Things change, this time around it has happened to deathwing.

Quote:
Also shows poor rule writing.
Sorry but you and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. Unbound lists, to me, are simply lists which either spam a ton of powerful units to win at all costs or create a force for which there is no detachment or formation for at this time.

Quote:
And if you gonna bring up that you shouldnt play DW in tournaments because they are not competitive. Well I choose what I want to play.
Good for you, I was never going to bring that up.

Quote:
Ravenwing is a requirement if you dont want to loose by having your force not show up.
If you want to make use of the rule where you choose when your stuff comes in then yes. Otherwise no they are not a requirement.

Quote:
Thanks for clarrifying that, now explain to me why can they arrive turn one...
The hammerfall assault force starts with the land raider, terminator captain, and assault terminators on the board (well land raider with everything mounted) while the regular terminators are in reserve and can't show up until turn 2 the earliest.

Quote:
You can say you can use that formation, or rule but why do I need to jump through loops and hoops just to play my army. why do I need more than one book to play my army. Why should I buy more formations and codices?
Because these days thats the name of the game, GW is not going to let us older players get by without spending more money.

Quote:
Interesting that you bring that up... So SOB CAD allows them to take their own basic troop choice as troops.
If by allows them you mean gives them only one option in troops then yes.

Quote:
Khorne and SM DC do the same.
Sure, if by they can do the same you mean the formation dictates what units they can and cannot bring. (A space marine demi company must take three tactical squads, no more or less and they must be tactical squads. A slaughtercult must take a unit of possessed.)

Quote:
and SM DC wanted you to take bikers? Bikers are not part of a Battle Company.
Actually one of the assault options in the demi company (two demi companies make a battle company) is a bike or attack bike squad.

Quote:
3k army? Are you kidding me who ever plays 3k games weekly? Thats absurd. Here no one plays above 1500-1750 even tournaments are no more than 1750. No one even plays apocalypse around here, and I dont usually see any 2k point game.
My apologies, you mentioned your 3k army in an earlier post.

I don't think a 1750 point list would be to hard to make:

Hammerfall assault force
Terminator captain with storm shield and burning blade

Terminator squad
Chainfist, assault cannon

Assault terminator squad
3x Storm shield and thunder hammer

Land raider redeemer with multi melta
Tota: 835

Deathwing redemption force
Interrogator chaplain
Terminator armour

Deathwing terminator squad
1x Additonal terminator, 1x pair of lightning claws, 1x thunder hammer and storm shield, plasma cannon

Deathwing terminator squad
1x Additonal terminator, 1x pair of lightning claws, 1x thunder hammer and storm shield, plasma cannon

Deathwing command squad
Apothecary, champion, plasma cannon, light claws, thunder hammer and storm shield

Total: 905
Net total: 170/1750

29 terminator models and one land raider. You can easily get Belial into the list by dropping a terminator (from either of the two 6 man squads) and the command squad can be swapped out for deathwing knights.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-15, 05:55 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

While I understand your complaint, the game unfortunately changes. I got into Dark Eldar the moment the 5th Edition book a was up for preorder. I realised early on I wasn't too fond of Warriors/Raider/Venom spam. I quickly turned to Coven. I loved the models, units, fluff, everything. I built my army around a strong core of Wracks, frequently fielding 30 bodies as my core troops. I used that until the end of 5th and even 6th. But the last book somewhat gutted it because it became impossible to field Wracks as troops, even from the Supplement . Yes other things got better but the core of my army was gone. Unfortunately it's just how the game works, so move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-15, 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Stormxlr;2170930]Same as Ravenwing are not part of Deathwing.

It's not designed with the game play in mind, it goes by the fluff: The ravenwing go in first and do recon, then the Deathwing deep strike in.

I haven't seen the codex yet, but what I think we are looking at is the synergy between the two wings in order to portray this as gameplay.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-15, 10:47 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrsfang View Post
I think we are looking at is the synergy between the two wings in order to portray this as gameplay.
This is it specifically, and welcome to Heresy! It's just hard to swallow for those of us that only played DA because of Deathwing Terminators, where our collections now need to be expanded to play the army we could a couple weeks ago. Change is a thing that happens, some people deal with it differently.

Are you an avid DA player?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-15, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
This is it specifically, and welcome to Heresy! It's just hard to swallow for those of us that only played DA because of Deathwing Terminators, where our collections now need to be expanded to play the army we could a couple weeks ago. Change is a thing that happens, some people deal with it differently.

Are you an avid DA player?
Yes however my track record would lead any other player to give up, lightning claw vs tau stealth suits i lost all mine opponent lost none. But that's not the point of this thread.

give me a week to get and through the codex and I'll make a better contribution.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Imperial Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode