Potential expensive H2H deathstar - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
shanewatts's Flag is: USA

Default Potential expensive H2H deathstar

Ok, so since the power sword re-nerf of DCA/crusaders and the removal of FnP from repentia (besides 1 time in H2H only), I was trying to find a way to make a good H2H squad. Since the command squad still has a H2H oriented AoF I started playing around with the options for the unit. This is what I came up with, its extra pricey :

Command Squad 220
- hospitalller
- 4x power axe
- sacred banner of the order militant
- rhino w/dozer

Canoness 135
- mantle of ophelia
- eviscerator
- rosarious

4 Ministorum Priest 235
- 4x eviscerator
- litanies of faith

total 590

I know its a ton of points, but lets look at how this breaks down real fast. Out of all 10 models only 1 strikes at I3, the hospitaller. (Like you were gonna hit first anyway) Now you have 4 models with power axes and 5 with eviscerators.... that all have FnP.... Plus with the sacred banner the unit has +1A (like uriah used to do.) So with the priests you get zealot, so fearless and hatred right out the gate, this means you are re-rolling misses in the first round of combat, plus each of those priests has a war hymn (and with the litanies of faith its auto succeed.) So 1 priest lets you re-roll armor saves, the 2nd priest lets you re-roll wounds (yes that means re-roll hits and wounds in the first round of combat), and the other 2 just go all out and use smash attacks (not sure if this stacks with the eviscerator, but if it does, gg S10 AP1 attacks, and if not, just drop a couple of the evis for some points recoop.)

So smash attacks aside, you are looking at 21 S6 AP1 attacks on the charge that re-roll hits and wounds, plus another 20 S4 AP2 attacks, and the hospitaller smacks someone with her bolt pistol with 3 S3 AP- attacks. If you place the squad right before it charges your power armor will soak the hits and when you do fail an armor save, oh lookie FnP.

Pretty sure its not worth the points, but oh man do I wanna give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 08:27 PM

Both Smash and Eviscerators are AP2, so it will be an AP2 attack.

590 points egads.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-14, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Gotcha, ya that was an oversight by me on the AP value. Still haven't ran this concept yet, I do really need to try it for giggles.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-14, 09:07 PM

Kinglopey's Flag is: USA

So im new to 6th... Hadn't played in quite a while, but i ran this unit with 2 priests and power axes... It was anoyingly deadly to my opponent. The rerollable saves and to wound made it very survivable. It can be chewed up with shooting but just H2H its a monster.

King Lopey
Winner of KoC's Ultimate Unit game #4 (dakka edition)

8000 Dark Eldar - See My Duke Conversion WIP
6000 Witch Hunters
Imperial Guard (Work In Progress)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Great! I'm glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the feedback on this, haven't really had the opportunity lately to further play-test my sisters. If you have any further comments about this or sisters in general please let me know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Imperial Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode