2k Hawkshroud - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Imperial Knights Imperial Knights Army Lists

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-18, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Default 2k Hawkshroud

The odds of me playing this are slim to none, but I figured I should at least have an army list for my Knights. Especially since I've been painting a bunch of them lately. The problem is that at 2000 points, I end up with just a hair under 150 points left to play with, and nothing to do with them. What can I add (not change-- the models are pretty fixed since they're what I have) to this, given that it sits at 1867/2000? I thought about adding a missile pod to the Paladin, but that ends up leaving about 100 points left, which is even harder to do anything with than 143.

Superheavy Detachment (House Hawkshroud Knight Lance)

Lord of War/
Knight Castellan
--Plasma Decimator, Volcano Lance, 2x Shieldbreaker Missiles, 2x Twin Meltaguns, 2x Twin Siegebreaker Cannons. Warlord (Trait: 4+ Invulnerable vs Shooting), Armour of Saint Ion (2+ Armor save).

Lord of War/
Knight Crusader
--Avenger Gatling Cannon, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, Heavy Stubber, Stormspear Missile Pod

Lord of War/
Knight Paladin
--Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, 2x Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword

Lord of War/
--Armiger Warglaive
---Thermal Spear, Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chain-glaive
--Armiger Warglaive
---Thermal Spear, Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chain-glaive

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Last edited by The Son of Horus; 06-19-18 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-18, 03:50 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I think your best solution is to run the Crusader without the carapace weapon. Not sure if you're running the Ironstorm missile pod or the Stormspear rocket pod - the Stormstrike is a Space Marine special.

Anyway, that frees up enough points that you can accommodate another Armiger to stay with the Knightly Household theme, or fit in a minimal Imperial Guard batallion to sit on objectives and give you Command Points. ( Well, you'll technically be 1 short if it's the Ironstorm, but it's a rare opponent that won't accept THAT... )

Alternatively, add a friendly Patrol detachment of some description or eat the CP cost to add an Auxiliary Support detachment with a more expensive unit. Or add in a Supreme Command of some Primaris Psykers. As soon as you step away from only Knights, you have OPTIONS

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-18, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Fixed the missile pod name. The Guard Battalion was definitely a consideration, and probably the likely outcome since objectives for Knights are complicated propositions.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-18, 09:55 PM

Trading in the Stormspear gives you 188 points total to play with then.

Yeah, the Guard option seems the best. You've got enough points that you can give them some semi-decent weapons (not many good ones, though). The added CP takes you to 11 total, so you can reroll the number of shots on the Volcano Lance, snipe Guilliman with the Oathbreaker Stratagem, or outflank the Paladin, or use Staunch Allies... without immediately wincing at the cost.

The fact that they can help with objectives is just icing on the cake from there.

The only two reasons not to appear to be that it's
A) Not 'pure' Knights and
B) actually gives weak anti-infantry units on the other side something to do.

Will note that if you want to stay in theme, an additional Armiger would allow for splitting up into two Super-Heavy detachments so you'd still get +3CP from that, and a Helverin has the speed and range to do objectives decently I think.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-18, 06:42 PM

Okay, today's new Imperial Knights FAQ improves this army some.

Specifically:
Quote:
Page 106 – Knight Lances ability
Change the last sentence to read:
‘The Command Beneft of each Imperial Knights Superheavy Detachment is changed to ‘None’ if it does not contain at least one Imperial Knights Titanic unit, and is changed to ‘+6 Command Points’ if it contains at least three Imperial Knights Titanic units
So you've got 9CP from the Super-Heavy Detachment to start with, plus the potential 5 from the IG makes for a very respectable 14. The basic 9 is also quite playable, so that's a bit more freedom NOT to choose the IG batallion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Knights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode