100pt Astra army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Default 100pt Astra army

Hi Guys,

Just a quick list that I put together. It will be expanded but I was going for fluff and a solid core army.

CCS
vox
reg standard
chimera

PCS
vox
gran launch x4

inf squad
vox

inf squad
vox

PCS
vox
gran launch x4
chimera

inf squad
vox

inf squad
vox

chimera

baslisk
enclosed crew

leman russ

leman russ

Let me know what you think

Last edited by Pipboy; 10-06-14 at 01:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 01:12 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Firstly you're way over the 100pt limit specified in the title

Had you considered going all mechanised? You already have three chimeras, if you swapped the first platoon for a single unit of veterans (with vox because I see you're keen to have those) in a chimera and added one more chimera to the second platoon you are 30 points over what you are at now. Obviously you lose one platoon command squad and infantry squad while the other infantry squad is improved to a veteran squad. What you'd have left is a CCS, PCS, two infantry squads and a veteran squad, all in chimeras (five in total). You're denying the opponent any infantry targets until they can destroy chimeras first.

I'll assume the regiment standard is a purely fluff choice but from a pure efficiency POV I wouldn't take it, and even from a fluff perspective it's not going to be visible on the table because the CCS are (rightly) in a vehicle.

The leman russes- are they standard LR battle tanks with no upgrades? Leman russ could mean anything. If they're battle tanks I'd then suggest dropping the basilisk and spending those remaining points on weapons for the infantry. Seems a waste having all of those guys with cheap heavy and special weapon options but not giving them anything. Remember only two guys can shoot their own weapons out a chimera so unless you want to disembark a PCS or veteran squad (exposing them to fire) it might be wise to limit them to two guns. Bear in mind the CCS and veterans are BS4 so take advantage of that if you decide to spend points on better guns

The basilisk can always be a future buy for an expanded army. It just seems a waste having so many infantry units with no real damage potential and having everything riding on those tanks. One of the good things about guard is being able to have good weapons spread throughout the entire army.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Hi

ok cheers, i will think about some of your advice. its my no means a finihed list and just something I threw together to see some feedback. I like the idea of veterans but I also have a cool idea of tons of identical guardsmen.

the leman russ are the battle tank versions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Tags
1000 points , astra millitarum , imperial guard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode