My IG Rifle Company List - 1850 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-30-14, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

davespil's Flag is: USA

Default My IG Rifle Company List - 1850

Here is my IG Rifle Company List. It's setup like a typical Rifle Company reinforced with a weapons platoon and a scout/sniper squad. Yes, the numbers of/in squads are off. But this is IG. Will probably blob two of the platoons up. Maybe 3 depending on the battle.

CCS (Warlord) - 80pts
Master of Ordnance

3 Ministorum Priests - 75pts

PCS - 500pts
w/ 4 meltaguns and Commander w/ melta bombs
5 Infantry Squads
2 Heavy Weapon Squads w/ Autocannons

PCS - 530pts
5 Infantry Squads
2 Heavy Weapon Squads w/ Missile Launchers

PCS - 560pts
5 Infantry Squads
2 Heavy Weapon Squads w/ Lascannons

10 Ratlings - 100pts

Have guns, will travel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 12:09 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Is this an existing army or something you're planning to build? If existing- how do you usually fare and against which factions? Always interesting to see extreme builds like this and I love a horde.

If it's a new project I'd definitely consider losing one platoon and putting those points into tanks. I know it breaks the theme and can understand you not wanting to go ahead with it, but 500+ points in IG tanks can provide answers for anything and will let you take your turns faster without all those guys to move around. I think you could have three of any LR tank you want... even three executioners with plasma sponsons comes to less than that lascannon platoon, not that I recommend that specifically. Is that completely out of the question?

Otherwise I think I'd be tempted to cut down on infantry squads and put those points into more heavy weapon squads. When everything else is lasguns I think 6 autocannons, lascannons and missile launchers would be a bit underwhelming at 1850 points. I reckon it might be worth dropping (for example) 3 infantry squads for two more heavy weapon autocannon squads. When you already have so many men I think the benefits of 30 guys with lasguns doesn't outweigh six more S7 hits per turn which could make a big difference when the opponent is mechanised and the lasguns don't have anything to shoot at

It's an unusual list so I don't know if I'm giving good advice here but I'd really look into dropping a platoon for leman russes. You've still got well over 100 dudes and consider if you only field infantry and LR tanks you lose an element of target denial by having armour on the table BUT with a wall of AV14 pointed at the opponent they're going to have no good targets for stuff like autocannons which don't scratch the russes but are wasted on the infantry

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode