Interesting theory... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Interesting theory...

This probably isn't the correct place, but I figured it would get some views and hopefully responses..

But since this forum is about IG lists, technically it is in the right place. Depending on your view of things lol..

So..IF I am reading the new 7th ed rules correctly and the new Imperial Guard (I refuse to call it Astra Millitarium...screw you GW just because you couldn't trademark IG or Imperial Guard lol)...

Has anyone given any thought to a IG list that makes heavy use of summoning...DEAMONS to throw into your opponents face? I mean, if they are summoned, technically they would not be considered "Come the Apocalypse"..

I think it would be interesting to see how something like this would play out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 10:25 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

They still count as being from the demon codex so CtA rules would be in effect. It is also a tough power to survive casting if your psykers do not have the Daemon USR.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 10:57 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I'll do you one better: Grey Knights summoning Daemons. I know, I know, it's specifically disallowed. What my opponent did was allied in Codex: Inquisition Inquisitors and sanctioned psykers who can take Malefic powers (unlike Grey Knight inquisitors), then used the massive Warp Charge pool he had from all his Grey Knights to pump out daemons. Once the first wave of Daemons are out, it doesn't matter that your Sanctioned Psykers perilsed and probably died summoning them: after all, summoned Tzeentchi daemons can roll on the Malefic daemonology table themselves.

Fortunately, it backfired on my opponent when he failed to summon a Greater Daemon with 8 dice, and that psyker died. He still managed to get out 3 Bloodcrushers, though. In a Grey Knights army.

I imagine you could make it work pretty easily with Guard by spamming Primaris Psykers and Wyrdvane Psykers. Sure, they'd die like flies as you summon things in, but there's something grimly evocative about psykers of a corrupted Guard or PDF regiment killing themselves to bring in their otherworldly masters against their foes. The "Come the Apocalypse" would be... inconvenient from a gaming standpoint, but could be easily explained by the traitor Guard worshiping their newly manifested gods.

Hmm. Damn, now I have to take my traitor guard and mutants models and play a game like this, don't I.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-14, 05:01 AM

Miester_Zef's Flag is: USA

I run a traitor guard theme army. Specifically Slaanesh. I veiw it as since you didn't take daemons as an Ally but are part of a spell effect; they don't not fall under the 'ally' table but are in fact a part of your psyker. I think they are great. sacrifice a 50-75 point unit to summon a 100+ unit win/win even if you fail it was worth the risk.

-In case i screwed up my first attempt to reply-

Since the summoned daemons are part of a spell effect and not taken as an 'ally'; they do not fall under the ally table.

That is how i view it.

Last edited by Dave T Hobbit; 07-21-14 at 07:10 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode