Veterans - x3 Melta, Demolitions Discipline, Chimera

Elites - 60
Ratlings x6

Fast Attack - 260
Bane Wolf - Heavy Flamer
Bane Wolf - Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support - 170
Hydra Squadron (x2) - x2 Heavy Stubbers

Veterans focus on anti tank, Hydra's focus on flyers and skimmers, Everything else is anti infantry.

USMC, Oorah!

Last edited by Tanrel; 10-30-13 at 02:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 02:37 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Well, this is interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a list like this before (Hydra's, well, aren't mobile. This is mech).

I question the need for two psykers.
Are the veterans in a chimera because if not then this is some weird ass mech...
If yes, ok this list looks alright. 4 tanks in your face will mess with most people, but still not a huge amount of damage output. Wolves have to get in close, and you know what else is close? Meltas. Meltas are close. Vets can deal with tanks pretty well, but if they're stranded they'll just be sitting there. You're also kind of low on scoring units. Ratlings are good (very useful for points, those guys...) and hydras are good if you don't mind sitting back a bit. In general though, I just can't see this list being super competitive. It definitely has potential, though.

I would get those vets chimeras if they don't (based on points, doesn't look like it...) and consider taking more rather than those bale tanks. Flamers on vets is almost as good (though not against SM, and plasma is great against that and better against termis). Remember, the core of your mech guard should be lots of vets in chimeras (or if you want to keep it cheap, IS can work ok...)

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

Yeah, sorry, totally forgot about the Chimera's I just added them. The Psykers are just extra S6 attacks. Can the Nightshroud affect the Chimera that the psyker rides in?

USMC, Oorah!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 05:51 PM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

I know nothing about rattlings sadly, so I don't know their unit composition. But I feel dropping 2 of them to give your vets autocannons wouldn't be a bad idea. I will give you versatility to be used at far range, more anti vehicles/ monstrous creatures, and they can still be fired on the move. Otherwise if you could find the space for a griffon. Im just not sold on your anti infantry, feel like you need more
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 05:54 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

So this past Tuesday I gave this list a try(to the letter) and here was the end result. I ended up playing 3 games against 2 different types of opponents with mixed results.

In Game 1 I took on my friend and his infamously lethal Tau Battle Group. Thankfully due to the fact that he loves Mechanized as well the many Melta's and Hydra's I had practically annihilated him on the first turn. My Hydra's smashed hit after hit and the Melt'as really did their work 2-3rd turn to finish him off. The Ratlings were only a minor help though, and I would not take them again unless I had a Assassination Mission.

Game 2 and 3 were against my friend with a Space Marine Army; using the Dark Angels Codex. The first game went well even though I lost; the Veterans exacted a heavy toll on the Astarte's. Melta's were key again but Hydra's became useless once I shot down his Land Speeders.

Game 3 was a wreck.....not even going to mention it. In conclusion this list is actually good against Armies that deploy large numbers of vehicles and heavy units. Against Horde Armies this probably would not be as effective.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode