1,500 point all mech - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
One thing you could do is drop the LCs to ACs on the sentinels for -30 points (they're gonna die, may as well keep em cheap), because then you only need 5 points for marbo. You could grab that from messing with some special weapons, dropping a demolitions and adding some other shit, whatever you want man. Just an idea.
I'd be going up against T7 or T8 most of the time, so that's what the Sentinels would be focusing on. Marbo will have to find his way into another list I guess haha Poor bastard, I really want to field him at some point. Thanks for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE5511 View Post
I sure do love me some explosives
Executioner is up to you. If does put out a fair amount of shots, great for the wraithlords and wraithknights. But If he only runs one or two I would almost stick with bombarding them with the russes i no other targets are open and gang them with the vets, vets shouldnt have a big issue dealing with them,
Russes it is! I wouldn't have enough for an Executioner anyway, ah well, another time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 11:21 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

That looks like a really fun list! I need to get around to putting my fourth Russ together... Then, I plan to buy another six! Mwahahahaha!!!!!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-13, 06:01 AM
93rdSaphraDarkGuard's Flag is: USA

Gotta be honest here, my army looks the same as the first with all carapace. Firstly make one of those Leman Russes into an exectioner and it does wonders. Secondly, yes, there are very valid arguments for not taking carapace but I have to point out that a majority of basic weapons are AP 5 these days(bolters, pulse rifles, etc). Dont take stormtroopers, they suck horribly. Those sentinels need to have autocannons badly for the sole reason of a guardsman's OK ballistic skill. Lascannons will statistically get 1 1/2 hits where as autocannons will get 3. If you doubt anything I say look at my battle record.

93rd Saphra Armored Regiment: 128-101-13
Iron Warriors Warband: Destroyed
Raven Guard 6th Company: 29-19-7
Black Templar Reclamation Destroyed
Tau Bora'kan Hunter Cadre: 14-10-2
Unnamed Adeptus Mechanicus Force: Coming Soon!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-13, 10:44 AM

Gromrir Silverblade's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm really not a big fan of sentinals, It's like a weapons team that costs more, has the same BS and armour that can be glanced (unless it's armoured and then you loose the point of having one) by Str 4 weapons. Have you got any other Mech you can take other than a sentinel.

Just a personal opinion.

It is said that the guttural sound of Dwarfs bellowing Grungni’s name is enough to make an Elf’s knees knock and a Goblin turn a sickly shade of yellow!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-13, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93rdSaphraDarkGuard View Post
Gotta be honest here, my army looks the same as the first with all carapace. Firstly make one of those Leman Russes into an exectioner and it does wonders. Secondly, yes, there are very valid arguments for not taking carapace but I have to point out that a majority of basic weapons are AP 5 these days(bolters, pulse rifles, etc). Dont take stormtroopers, they suck horribly. Those sentinels need to have autocannons badly for the sole reason of a guardsman's OK ballistic skill. Lascannons will statistically get 1 1/2 hits where as autocannons will get 3. If you doubt anything I say look at my battle record.
I took the carapace armor originaly because of that AP5 problem, and the fact that my opponent uses Eldar and the Dire Avenger's gun (if I recall correctly) Is AP 5, which shreds them if they're ever out of their transport. He takes a Wraithknight (even on such low point lists, with makes T8 with a 3+ and occasionally a 5++ hard to get rid of), which is why the Sentinels are configured with Lascannons. I'd rather concentrate on it with both a Leman Russ and the Sentinels to crush the bastard before it wrecks something really important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromrir Silverblade View Post
I'm really not a big fan of sentinals, It's like a weapons team that costs more, has the same BS and armour that can be glanced (unless it's armoured and then you loose the point of having one) by Str 4 weapons. Have you got any other Mech you can take other than a sentinel.

Just a personal opinion.
Nothing else sadly. Since Imperial Guard's being released in a month or two I've stopped buying them until the new releases. Heavy Weapons Squads require a Platoon, and since that's not easily made mech I'll stick with what I've got. I can live with the fact that Sentinels would be shot to hell in a couple of turns, but if they manage to get some wounds off of that Wraithknight then I'd be happy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode